Thanh's 75G Tank

PThanh1968

BRS Member
Hi all, just want to share my new 75G (upgrade from 55G)
Here is my old 55G:
55_full_s.JPG
Here is the new 75G with an ugly stand built by me :eek:
whole.jpg
FTS:
full.jpg

Very busy tank.

How is everything doing after the huge move to a larger tank.

Everything looks good from the pictures.

Bet you are loving the added depth of the 75 as compared to the 55 eh? I loved mine
Looks great!

Thank you for all the nice comments. Thanks BRS and all the members sold me stuff.
Ultimate, I want 120G tank but I don't have room. I love this 75 (not too big nor too small) comparing to the 55G. Extra 6" depth give me lot of space to work with and the tank is drilled. My equipments are old and low tech. I am try to reuse everythings I have as long as they do their job.
Here is a list of equipments:
1. Tank - 75G drilled 4 holes (bought this from a member here) - I connected all four together as drain, return over the tank for less amount water return to the sump in case outtage.
2. Sump/Refugium - 20 L, no baffles. I use bottom half of a white water container placing in the middle as refugium section.
3. Light - Old Hamilton Metal halide system with magnetic ballast (I am using cheap bulbs Plusrite 14K)
with DIY 4x54W T5 (Actinic bulbs)
4. Return
QuietOne 2200 as main
QuietOne 1200 for Chiller connecting from sump to DT
Circulation
Hagen Powerhead 802 (like 10 yrs old)
Maxijet 1200 and another small powerhead
5. GFO/Carbon reactor - built using RO system spare parts (connecting from sump to DT)
6. Old Deltec TS1250 Turbo skimmer (bought from a memeber here)
7. ATO - basic 2 switches
I will take a picture inside the tank and post.

Picture of the sump:
sump.jpg

I built the stand based on the old 55G stand. All materials are from old stand, bed side panels and doors :eek:.
The stand is painted with Rust-Oleum Metallic. It came out alright.

Do you think it would look silly to make a stand to fit a 55 gallon underneath a 90??

I don't think it is silly to fit 55G under. It really depends on what your need, available spaces and situations. Personally, I prefer everythings fit under stand for clean look but will the stand fit everything like sump/refugium, ATO water , reactors etc. I think 55 is little too high to work with if it is under the stand. I read your thread about setup sump/refugium. Goodluck.

Back