Trace elements?

stingythingy45

BRS Member
Has anybody been able to really delay water changes by dosing a good quality trace element?Just wondering if there's something that is not highly expensive that would be worth trying.I know there's no secret additive and some are quite costly.As we all know salt and in some cases purifying water cost money.Would this be a wash as far as cost/success?
I don't have any issues with po3 or po4.I think what lacks after time is the trace elements like iron,iodide...ect...ect.
Thoughts or anybody do this before?

i haven't changed my water in like 3 months but i dose things like, stontium and moly, coral-vite, marine c, eco calcium, pro dkh, iron and manganese, magnesium.... i think thats it. its kind of a high cost up front but dumping a few spoonfuls of stuff in my tank is easier than doing a waterchange. also, i like the pictures on kents bottles so it gives me some nice art in my room too!

i haven't changed my water in like 3 months but i dose things like, stontium and moly, coral-vite, marine c, eco calcium, pro dkh, iron and manganese, magnesium.... i think thats it. its kind of a high cost up front but dumping a few spoonfuls of stuff in my tank is easier than doing a waterchange. also, i like the pictures on kents bottles so it gives me some nice art in my room too!

When I first got into the hobby I dosed a lot of strontium/moly,still dose Kent iodine by directions.
Gee Jay,sounds kind of Andy Warhol.lol

I'm topping with lime water.
I make up the difference in alk, calcium and Mg. with Randy's 3 part when necessary.

Back