Unique Aquaria & Reptile, LLC (aka Skipton's)

MrX

Non-member
Went to Boston today with the kids to check out Unique Aquaria & Reptile, LLC (aka Skipton's) as I've heard a lot of good things about them here on the forums. We looked around for a bit; it was very busy it seemed. While waiting to talk with someone I struck up a conversation with another customer.

After a little while I asked Brendan how much a Longnose cost. He had been nearby doing a water test while I was talking to the other customer and had heard some of my conversation; he told me the price but went on to suggest I wait a few more weeks before introducing anything else to the tank. It would be nice to get another fish or two (and I probably will, but house them in the QT for a couple weeks), but it was even nicer to have Brendan steer me in the right direction instead of just trying to sell me stuff.

He did suggest some more clean up crew to assist with the brown algae and that's when we starting talking with Brent (maybe Bryant, sorry, was noisy/busy and the kids were driving me nuts). We ended up coming home with 5x Red Banded Trochus snails, 5x Astera snails, a 6x small blue legged hermits.

The store had awesome corals; never seen so many in one place. The colors, etc. were awesome. I'm going to need a second job to support this new habit.

Was very easy to get to the store from the MA Pike, and even easier to get back on and head home. It's a bit of a haul from Charlton, but when I'm finally ready for some investment in coral I'll head back there for sure.

I agree. When it come to coral selection!!!! WOW!!! They must have like a quarter mile of the GBreef in there! Cool crew. Cool corals, and SICK angler fish! too bad theyre moving too Woburn

i love Unique Aquaria (formerly Skiptons) and am sad to see they are moving to Woburn but happy for them if it will help business!

i was in recently for some saltwater supplies but also had a question related to an issue with a freshwater tank. got some great advice and now problem is solved.

what I REALLY like about U.A. is that no one gives you any attitude if you're in the store just for some advice or even just to talk about fish/coral and see what's new. never any pressure to buy and they treat all customers the same whether you're stocking a small tank or a large one.

although most prices are pretty competitive, this is one of those stores where i am more than happy to pay a little bit extra (vs. online) because of the expertise and customer service.

Back