Well tommorow I will make another attempt at my backround

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
- Lexan(cut to size of tank)
- Paint is purchased, krylon fusion Patriotic blue for one side and flat black for the other.
- Velcro

I will mount with a small strip of velcro on the bottom and 2 small pieces on each corner for clean look that I can switch between the blue and black.

Should look nice and clean, I will post some pics tomorrow.

Kevin McG said:
- Lexan(cut to size of tank)
- Paint is purchased, krylon fusion Patriotic blue for one side and flat black for the other.
- Velcro

I will mount with a small strip of velcro on the bottom and 2 small pieces on each corner for clean look that I can switch between the blue and black.

Should look nice and clean, I will post some pics tomorrow.

That's a good idea. Last week I got a long handled paint roller and rolled on flat black paint directly to the back of the tank. Worked great...oh, and those black spots on the wall...hey, it's a rental :).

Well I am finished and am quite happy with the results, It is a real clean look. Sorry the pics could be a bit better but I don't have the patience to deal with my canon a80 right now.

Here is the blue side
blueside.jpg

And black side
blackside.jpg

Here is the tank with the blue showing
blueback.jpg

and now with the black
blackback.jpg

I think we both agree that the black looks better even though the blue is dark and pretty close.

WOW , what an idea, IS that what most people do, Right now I have the blue rolled upbackground, and one side always falls down plus air bubbles get behind it sometimes and it looks crappy,

sdexcalibur1 said:
WOW , what an idea, IS that what most people do, Right now I have the blue rolled upbackground, and one side always falls down plus air bubbles get behind it sometimes and it looks crappy,

Actually what a lot of people are doing is painting the back of there tanks. I tried that and wasn't happy with the color so I peeled it off. Luckily latex paint peels off easily.

I came up with this idea of painting something on both sides so I could home in on the color the wife and I was looking for. After heading to the local true value I came up with the idea of just painting a piece of lexan or plexi with 2 different colors and after the paint drys mounting it with velcro. I thought it was a good idea and maybe other people will too :D

Back