What's the differences between a AOG & Everlasting Gobstopper

Royalty

Reefer In Training
I can't tell which one of these I have ? I'll try and post up a camera picture in a second.

This is my Everlasting Gobstopper. A lot nicer than AOG
IMO Gobstopper has more detail and pattern than AOG, much brighter.

166gaqw.jpg

Wow PVH yours looks alot better then what I found on google picture''s what kind of light do you have is it still the MH ?

This is my Everlasting Gobstopper. A lot nicer than AOG
IMO Gobstopper has more detail and pattern than AOG, much brighter.

166gaqw.jpg

Wow peter I think the zoa king has returned! Looking good.

V
btw... coralpedia (dot) com, is your zoa ID'ing friend ;)

absolutely awesome resource for zoa id's...
Thanks for the heads up I got a few more corals to I.d but I actually was looking to see what other locals version of AOG & Everlasting Godstoppers look like it IMO it seems to me that not ever AOG looks the same cause my AOG is kinda pink ish not like pvh is which to me looks kinda sliver ish pink on the rim is what im talking about not the center polyp. Then a again it could be the light im running t5's im pretty sure he's still running MH 14k or 12k with his blue actinic's so it's alot more blue then what my t5 is giving out

i believe peter runs the same light as me, an 8 bulb t5, but i could be wrong... i think i remember him saying he changed from the 150 watt halides...

post your other zoas, maybe we can help :)

Wow PVH yours looks alot better then what I found on google picture''s what kind of light do you have is it still the MH ?

No, I switch over to ati 8 bulbs T5. The color is around 12-14k when I told this picture.

V
Thanks for the heads up I got a few more corals to I.d but I actually was looking to see what other locals version of AOG & Everlasting Godstoppers look like it IMO it seems to me that not ever AOG looks the same cause my AOG is kinda pink ish not like pvh is which to me looks kinda sliver ish pink on the rim is what im talking about not the center polyp. Then a again it could be the light im running t5's im pretty sure he's still running MH 14k or 12k with his blue actinic's so it's alot more blue then what my t5 is giving out

There is another paly which I've noticed a lot of people are mistaken for AOG. It's call Goochster. Goochster is a lot brighter than AOG.

P
i believe peter runs the same light as me, an 8 bulb t5, but i could be wrong... i think i remember him saying he changed from the 150 watt halides...

post your other zoas, maybe we can help :)
I've been tryin sence this afternoon but my crappy phone doesn't let me upload the image im gonna have to youtube it when I get home Im still at work I'll try recording it with the actinic's on and with all 5 bulbs. Which kinda brings up my next question I want more blue in my tank any recommendation? I'm currently running two reg blue actinics one figi purple and two 10k's I wanted to get my hands on some ati bulbs 2 blue plus ill keep the 1 figi purple and get 2 aquablue plus but is there any other kind of bulbs that I can get more blue in my tank with just a 5 bulb tx5 36 in fixture?

Does Anyone have any input for me ? Are they AOG or Everlasting Godstopper or Goochster? Also I.d please on the other corals thanks

ok, couple things after watching... the ones you first point out, probably gobstoppers... its hard to tell... the ones on the floor you call red people eaters, i am thinking are triple reds, again, hard to tell, but people eaters, are palys, and are bigger than those appear to be, plus the mouth is on people eaters is obvious a different color, not solid ***edit*** i really think they might be triple reds after the quick glance with actinics only***...

also, when you say "try" in referring to a type of coral, its actually "tyree", as in steve tyree, a gentleman who imports and deals with corals... he is also the gentleman who introduced the "purple monster" acro to the reefing community...

I am going to Boston on saturday, perhaps i could stop by for a few mins and help you out in person...

Last edited:
and i really think those are gorilla nipples as you said...

the rest, are jus too hard to tell for sure, or even guess imo... if i saw them in person, i could name off at least most of them... or at least help you with the coralpedia id'ing...

Last edited:
yeah I meant Tyree and Im actually in Worcester not boston.. O and I only sad red people eater cause the guy who gave em to me sad that's what they are I figured it was wrong but I did't know any better at the time? I was wondering why they were so small?

Back