Yellow Belly Regal Blue

Curren007K

Non-member
I'm concered for my 10 year old Yellow Belly Regal Blue Tang.

She'll rest in one corner of the tank periodically, when she does swim she refrains from using her tail fin instead relying heavily on her pectoral fins.
After futher examination, it appears a layer of tissue has been aggeitated surrounding one of her scapels. The bone itself seems to be protuding futher outward than usual.

She is one of three tangs, the other two being a Yellow Tang and a Desjardini Sailfin.
All are fed a variety of nori, flakes, mysis and brine with no noticable aggression towards one an other.

I assume there was a confrontation overnight in one of their sleeping territories.
Since the incidinet she does appear skinnier. She still has quite the appetite, even though her swimming ability is holding her back

My only quartine tank is a 10G, and I'd rather not add stress to her by confining her in such a small area.

I've added couple more algea clips to help alleviate some of the competition at feedings.

Any other advice to help keep her healthy?

I'd keep an eye on her for any type of infection at the wound area. Appetite is a good sign. Keep feeding her well.

If the wound does not seem to be healing or she takes a turn for the worse, you may have to pull her and medicate in a HT/QT.

I'd also keep an eye out for any aggression from tank mates.

That's good. I really hate reading these help forums and not having the experience to offer help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back