Search results

1. S

Gone All given away to 13 year old.

My son has been the beneficiary of many things in this group. Such a great community. Thanks for doing this.
  2. S

FS Quarantine Tank FS

I used copper on a fish at one point in the tanks life. The frag racks were after that when I had a too many things in the main tank so no direct exposure.
  3. S

FS Quarantine Tank FS

10gal tank with hood, filter, frag racks and pipes for hiding. Has had copper and other meds used in it. Located in Norton, MA Looking for $20.
  4. S

FS Coralife 29g BioCube FS

I have a 29g Coralife BioCube for sale. Comes with tank, original cf/led lights, return pump, inTank media basket and inTank fuge basket. Comes with custom stand. No scratches, chips or leaks. Located in Norton, MA Asking $200 / obo.
  5. S

Gone Clown fish mated pair

They've had a few batches of eggs. Looking to close down the tank now that my son is off to school. Got them from Frank180 maybe 5 years ago. Would like $20 but I'll let them go for free to a paid member. Pick up in Norton, ma.
  6. S

ph reading issues

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered everything from Atlas Scientific to add ph monitoring to my homegrown reef controller. Everything seemed to be working fine on the bench so I calibrated it and stuck it in the tank. And the reading was 10.5. Thinking I might have a bad pump that was...
  7. S

frag tank feeding/additives?

Mostly softies and lps. They're not doing great, mostly just staying as is so I was wondering if I should add something. I have ocean blend coral vibrance from dong that I dose to my main tank. Maybe I'll add that once a week?
  8. S

frag tank feeding/additives?

For the people that have frag tanks what do you feed the tank, if anything? Also are you using any additives other than the big 3? I have nothing besides a few frags in it at the moment. Thanks, Shawn
  9. S

Masacured an expenceive Coralife Bio-hood in hope of making a...

The stock pc were only producing 50 par halfway up in the middle of the tank for me. I had to upgrade to leds to grow anything more than shrooms and zoas. S
  10. S

fuzz id

Here's a good before pic for comparison.
  11. S

Lighting Upgrade Biocube 29 Gal

I put the rapid led retro kit in mine. Puts out more light than you need. They have a solder and non solder kit. Its pretty easy if your handy. http://www.rapidled.com/coralife-biocube-29-kits/ S
  12. S

fuzz id

So, couldn't find an urchin right away and decided to try fluconazole after reading how it works. It turned the fuzz into jelly that came right of off. Some of the corals might not make it but as least it's not taking over my tank anymore. Here's what the qt tank looks like now.
  13. S

who needs a membership card ?

I need my card as well. Thanks, Shawn
  14. S

Disappearing Pistol Shrimp and Watchman Goby, anybody?

My first pistol shrimp (very small candy cane) made his way through the back chambers of my biocube where he lived for months. He found a nice little spot where i could never get him and passed away. :( But I could here him snapping away at night while he was still alive. My second shrimp is...
  15. S

fuzz id

It's smothering some things. Some things don't care. Mushrooms keep bailing and floating around the tank. S
  16. S

fuzz id

Decided to try another sample. This time I strained it with gentian violet. Not sure it'll help with an id but you can see the sheath is still see thru but the inside is very dark. I grabbed a big blob of it and it feels like filter floss its so coarse. 1945b is 100x 1946a is at 400x...
  17. S

fuzz id

Sadly it's been a few months and it hasn't gone away on its own. If it was above water I would without a doubt say it was fungus growing on something. Even my qt without any fish just a few corals and no feeding it's growing on the sides, egg crate, everywhere. At least the qt doesn't have the...
  18. S

fuzz id

Here's a 400x pic of the red slimy part. These guys are very motile.
  19. S

fuzz id

Here's a 100x and 400x pic of the white fuzz from my son's microscope. Shawn
  20. S

fuzz id

I have 2 clowns, 2 clown gobies, 2 fire fish a watchman goby and pistol shrimp, emerald crab some hermits & snails. Biggest ones by far are the clown fish and even they're pretty small. I'm actually running phosguard and have been for a year or so. I had a hair algae out break last spring but...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back