Search results

1. J

FS Rose Bubbletip anemone, $5

Just split and don't have room for two. Beautiful and healthy. Pickup in Lexington. .
  2. J

What heater to buy?

Yes, I would do the 2x500w, which I think they call 1000W (i.e., the total wattage). See e.g., HERE Benefit of 2x500W heaters is redundancy, so that even if one were to fail off, you'd still likely be in fine shape until you could get it replaced.
  3. J

FS $5 Frags - Green Slimer, Purple Stylo, Neon Toadstool + more

Bump, should be around during the day today, and likely tomorrow or Thursday as well.
  4. J

Alright, back with more of the same. Including a very large green slimmer chunk (about 4x5"). I'm around all day tomorrow if anyone wants to swing by, but gone this weekend. Prices are still a nifty frag in trade or crisp $5. Pickup in Lexington by the Arlington border.
  5. J

What heater to buy?

I like the Innovative Marine Helio heaters. Comes with a nice controller and keeps everything within .5 degree of given setpoint. Then, I just use my Apex for monitoring and as an emergency shutoff if the heater were ever to fail on. IM hypothetically recommends dual 500W for a tank your...
  6. J

Sold Orphek atlantik v4 $$1300 + reef breeders photon v2 48. $$500

Same, would potentially interested in just one or3 bar as well, if possible.
  7. J

Need to trim things back and hate to throw out perfectly good frags. I've have or will freshly cut frags of green slimer, purple stylo, bird of paradise, neon green toadstool, red monti cap, neon green tenius, red shades of autumn (??) sps, plus a handful of others. Most are currently...
  8. J

What’s a good “inexpensive” refugium light

I have this, and it works amazingly well. They also make larger version.
  9. J

FS Apex breakout box w switches, $10 or frag

Last bump, $10 or small frag.
  10. J

waterbox dx 220

So, tested it with the killowatt meter this morning, sure enough it's actually around 11W. So, the Apex would appear to be roughly accurate, go figure! Maybe it's an Aqua UV thing? I have found though that the Apex can be inaccurate with certain devices. I had it backwards in my head when I...
  11. J

FS Apex breakout box w switches, $10 or frag

It's got 2 toggle switches, 2 momentary buttons and 2 spaces for barewire. Works perfectly. Pickup in Lexington. $20 or trade for a frag.
  12. J

waterbox dx 220

I bet it's fine. I have a aqua uv 15w and my Apex currently shows it as 12w. Will test tomorrow with a kilowatt meter out of curiosity, but when I noticed the same thing with my skimmer wattage, I confirmed the Apex reading was just off...
  13. J

Gone Reef Octopus Classic 150SSS - $125

Bump, price lowered to $125
  14. J

Gone Reef Octopus Classic 150SSS - $125

Skimmer is good condition. Minor hazing on the internal part of the skimmer cup, but absolutely no cracks or anything that would impact performance. Just replaced with brand new impeller. Plenty of life left and skims like a champ. Pickup in Lexington, $150
  15. J

Gone DIY control panel and cabinet - $20

It's gone, thanks all.
  16. J

Gone DIY control panel and cabinet - $20

It's pending pickup in the morning, will add dimensions if it falls through. Thanks.
  17. J

Gone Aquamaxx ConeS CO-1 Skimmer Body (No Pump)

The Shark 1.5 (i.e., modified Sicce) pump broke, and I've since replaced with a new skimmer. The body could use a little cleaning, but otherwise in great shape if someone want to get a new pump for it. Pickup in Lexington. Thanks, Josh
Back