What heater to buy?

charbel1011

BRS Member
I got the infinia 190.5 and my is 197 with the sump my display is 137. And my sumo is 50. What size wattage heater do i need to get and what controller? Im getting a ful apex system i am not sure if it affects the recommendation.

It depends on how cold the room is in winter.
If the room temperature is above 68 to 70F in winter, 2x 300w heaters should keep the temperature stable in winter.

Upvote 1
I like the Innovative Marine Helio heaters. Comes with a nice controller and keeps everything within .5 degree of given setpoint. Then, I just use my Apex for monitoring and as an emergency shutoff if the heater were ever to fail on. IM hypothetically recommends dual 500W for a tank your size, but agree a pair of 350W would likely be fine if you house doesn't get too cold.

Upvote 0
I like the Innovative Marine Helio heaters. Comes with a nice controller and keeps everything within .5 degree of given setpoint. Then, I just use my Apex for monitoring and as an emergency shutoff if the heater were ever to fail on. IM hypothetically recommends dual 500W for a tank your size, but agree a pair of 350W would likely be fine if you house doesn't get too cold.
Yes my basement have no heating. So i should get a 1000w helios? I only see 1000w options. Unless u want me to add to add 2 500w? Not sure?

Upvote 0
Yes, I would do the 2x500w, which I think they call 1000W (i.e., the total wattage). See e.g., HERE

Benefit of 2x500W heaters is redundancy, so that even if one were to fail off, you'd still likely be in fine shape until you could get it replaced.

Upvote 0
Back