Search results

1. Syntax

The struggle continues….

I’m still struggling on keeping sps, even digitata are having issues. Anyone seen this before? Base turning white but polyps still extend. Alk: 7.5 Mag: 1300 Calcium: 420 Potassium 420 Here’s the base of a 3 week old acro frag. It starts to encrust and then starts deteriorating at the...
  2. Syntax

Crab

Caught this guy along with a couple whelks. Not a bad nights work! Looks like a gorilla crab.
  3. Syntax

FS 4 inch Lunar Wrasse

Looking to unload a 4 inch Lunar Wrasse from Dr. Reef. $50 or acro trade. Biddeford Maine. I’m willing to meet you somewhere if the deal is for some sweet acropora.
  4. Syntax

Acropora tissue recession

Hi, I’ve been dealing with acro tissue recession for months and can’t seem to figure out the cause. I have treated my tank with interceptor and oxolinic to no effect. I really could use some help troubleshooting and fixing the issue. My tank is built for acropora and I lost over 95% of over...
  5. Syntax

Oxolinic Acid

I’ve read Mike Paletta’s tissue necrosis article with interest because I believe I am dealing with the same issue. I don’t have access to Cipro; however, oxolinic acid is supposed to be a viable substitute, but I can’t find any dosing information. Anyone have experience with this?
  6. Syntax

Black bugs?

I have a red planet that had tiny black bugs at the base of the coral. I noticed the bugs after taking the frag out and dipping in iodine. There definitely has been something eating at the base. I have had one other coral that had the same issues a month or so ago. I have dragged the coral...
  7. Syntax

WTB Sticks. Anyone north of Boston selling?

I’m headed down to a couple stores today and am wondering if anyone has any sticks to sell. I’ll be North of Boston this afternoon. Feel free to text at 2077357179 Looking for acro’s or milli.
  8. Syntax

Reef Dip Advice

Hello, I purchased a nice rainbow tenuis at a local frag swap on Saturday. I brought it home and dipped it in Red Sea Coral Dip as I have all my other acros (about 25,) and the frag lost a lot of color while it was in the dip, I have no idea why this happened and I have never had this happen...
  9. Syntax

WTB Wtb eb4 or eb8

Does anyone have an eb4 or eb8 collecting dust?
  10. Syntax

WTB White Worms

Anyone have white worms for sale? I’m in Southern Maine but willing to drive a reasonable distance. I’d like to get a culture started.
  11. Syntax

Acro Tissue Recession

I have a relatively new tank of 3 months. I started with seeded seachem matrix and dry rock, it’s bare bottom too. The tank cycled fast and I put some “test” corals in at around week 3. Things were good, growth was almost nonexistent, but colors were good. Slowly some of the acros started...
  12. Syntax

WTB Mp40 mobius ready

Just what the title says. Willing to ship is even better.
  13. Syntax

WTB Eb4 or eb8

I’m looking for an eb4 or eb8 in good working condition.
  14. Syntax

Green Chromis

I've got a 180 gallon tank with the following inhabitants and i'm looking to add more fish since I can't seem to get any measurable P04 or NH3: Sailfin Tang Kole Tang Blue Spot Goby Cleaner Wrasse Foxface Lo Red Solon Wrasse Melanurus Wrasse Square Back Anthias False perc Lyretail Anthias I...
  15. Syntax

Red Bugs

After a few months of frustratingly watching my acros decline to the point of stn, I just may have finally figured out why.... I've removed all the corals that were not hopelessly attached to a rock and dipped them in bayer. Interceptor is a good tank treatment but I don't know how...
Back