Search results

1. dakar652

Vortech Killer?!?!?!

bwahahahaha...i look up words i don't understand basically every day.
  2. dakar652

Best disposal of old saltwater

i try to not worry about stuff until it becomes a problem in cases like this. if you have sewer...I highly doubt saltwater would be any source of an issue with your plumbing. that's a REALLY neat idea with plumbing directly to the toilet tank! then you can brag to all your friends with saltwater...
  3. dakar652

Best disposal of old saltwater

that kind of volume with not present any sort of a threat to your plumbing in my experience. I have 100 year old home with cast plumbing and have never had an issue. I use my old tank water to flush the toilet after my morning dumps for a few days after water changes...that way the water never...
  4. dakar652

Vacation woes

I was equally surprised when I came back last winter. i figured he would have his own coral farm in the south pacific by now.
  5. dakar652

Aquarium Chiller help please - My water is getting over 80 degrees even with no heater

I’d sell you my 1/10 chiller for $150 but i’m Not sure it would be enough. Did this just start happening today?
  6. dakar652

Free Cheato

Best post i’ve seen since i’ve been back. You sir, just made my night. I’ll give you a nice shiny quarter to not give me any more cheato. And i’ll ship you the quarter because I don’t want anyone knowing where I keep all my whisky.
  7. dakar652

Aquacultured fish and disease?

What is brook? I've never heard of it before? Is it new(ish) to the hobby?
  8. dakar652

Gone 20G long !!chipped!!

Please keep discussion to sale related item.
  9. dakar652

2nd Annual BRS Fragtastic Show!!! Sept 8.

And...sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere...but what is the paypal for folks that want to buy 'absentee tickets' for the raffle? Thank you, Mike
  10. dakar652

Gone FREE Cheato in Worcester over by UMASS Campus

About a sandwich bag full...currently in water. No I won't deliver it to you. No I won't pay you to take it. East side of Worcester by the bridge to Shrewsbury. Shoot me a text if you'd prefer @5 owe ate-ate6ate-won owe7won It's free, and from a healthy system...please don't make me regret...
  11. dakar652

Salt mix for large tank

why did they have to be yellow? ;)
  12. dakar652

Salt mix for large tank

instant ocean reef crystals has always been my stand by. never any issues with it. if you buy in the bulk boxes you can save quite a bit. two boxes (200gal) will get you started, then a third to get you through your first few months of tank cycling (wouldn't recommend too many large volume water...
  13. dakar652

Matted file fish.

I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at your misfortune. i'm a horrible person...but not on purpose. p.s. a little pre-karma for me...I found my first aptasia today on a frag I got from a member here (thanks alot to the guy that I can't call out on the forum)...i can't wait until they spread...
  14. dakar652

2nd Annual BRS Fragtastic Show!!! Sept 8.

Any chance there's a way to get in on the raffle if we can't go? I have a battalion level field operation for my job with the Marine Corps Reserves that weekend at an undisclosed location within 5 miles of the BRS Fragtastic Show...but I don't think they'd appreciate me leaving with a convoy...
  15. dakar652

Hanna checkers

I have a TDS meter and it's been flawless.
  16. dakar652

apex set ups

just give me a heads up ahead of time. as long as i'm not at drill with the marine corps, my availability can be pretty open. here's what my home screen on my Fusion App looks like to kind of give you an idea of what you're looking at getting into. if you want some screen shots of the...
  17. dakar652

apex set ups

well if you ever find yourself out in worcester, feel free to hit me up and i'll show you my 'old school' apex setup...from when us gansta's was real.
  18. dakar652

apex set ups

Dear God, man...lol. Could you be any more far away? In all seriousness, once you get apex fusion hooked up to wifi, the rest is just plug and play until you get to the advance stuff. I'm kind of a crayon eater from way back, and somehow I was still able to figure out my apex auto feeder. twice...
  19. dakar652

apex set ups

I don't have any experience with the 'new' system, but they all run off apex fusion to my knowledge. the newer setup has a lot more options that aren't of much use to me, but setting up a chiller and heater are really basic. what's your location?
Back