apex set ups

scabbedwings616

Non-member
I am looking at getting the new apex system 2016 version. I want to set it up but don't now much about coding and set up of a system like this. I need help with getting this going and when I do purchase it, can a member help me get it going on my tank? show me how to add a new energy bar, setting up new modules and how to use the system? I am much more of a visual learner than reading/video watching kind of person.

It’s pretty straight forward setting it up. It has common tasks for certain things already pre programmed so you just have to enter things like quantities and the apex will figure out the rest. Adding modules is just plugging them in and the apex will set it up and again a task will be added for it to make the setup easier. The advanced coding is confusing for me but Neptune’s forum always helps.

I know already I don’t want the pre programmed set up. I want to be able to watch different things in my system as I already have a chiller and fine need a heater in the set up. I’m willing to travel to see how it’s done. It’s easier to see in person then to keep watching videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any experience with the 'new' system, but they all run off apex fusion to my knowledge. the newer setup has a lot more options that aren't of much use to me, but setting up a chiller and heater are really basic.

what's your location?

Dear God, man...lol. Could you be any more far away?

In all seriousness, once you get apex fusion hooked up to wifi, the rest is just plug and play until you get to the advance stuff. I'm kind of a crayon eater from way back, and somehow I was still able to figure out my apex auto feeder. twice a day my pumps and powerheads shut off for 3 whole minutes so that food can be dropped into the tank and the fish/inverts actually have time to eat it before it gets sucked into the filter system.

THAT was trial and error...everything else was pretty self explanatory.

well if you ever find yourself out in worcester, feel free to hit me up and i'll show you my 'old school' apex setup...from when us gansta's was real.

I might be going out that way soon. My gf works that way and we walk around that area a lot. What I have a hard time with is knowing what to do with the outlets. I want to get an idea of what people do for them and how to make it easy to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just give me a heads up ahead of time. as long as i'm not at drill with the marine corps, my availability can be pretty open.

here's what my home screen on my Fusion App looks like to kind of give you an idea of what you're looking at getting into. if you want some screen shots of the individual modules, let me know.

Attachments

• APEX Fusion.pdf
    320.6 KB · Views: 162
Back