Search results

1. Platehead

Bryopsis

Just left on my overflows. Has anyone had success with pincushion urchins eating it? Thx
  2. Platehead

Majano

Hi - my filefish wiped out the majano initially, but he got used to eating pellets, frozen and nori. I have a lot of high end blastos that I don’t want to loose. Has anyone had success with a bi-color angel eliminated majano? thx
  3. Platehead

My Blasto Garden

4. Platehead

FS Beautiful Blastos

My son and I took a trip to the Coral Farm today. Brian has many beautiful coral for sale. My son purchased 4 unique blasto frags for our collection for my birthday. Thank you, BigZ. They are already fully opened. Excellent quality at reasonable prices. Highly recommend.
  5. Platehead

3D printer

Looking to 3D print a skimmer stand. What is the safest material to use? Thx
  6. Platehead

Skimmer Issue

Hi – about 6 months ago, I bought a reef octopus S130 space saver skimmer and I have frequent issues with the collection cup overflowing and draining my ATO reservoir, as I have the skimmate going into a jug, as the collection cup is difficult to remove. The skimmer is in about 7” of water and...
  7. Platehead

Frozen food

I was cleaning out the freezer and found a package of frozen food we made at meeting several years ago. Looks ok. How long is it good?
  8. Platehead

Eshopps replacement pump

Hi - I have an older Eshopps skimmer with an Atman PH-2000 pump that failed. What would be a good replacement pump? One that can be installed without modification. Thx
  9. Platehead

What Am I?

Just found this guy on my glass along with 2 babies. Is he good or bad? Thx
  10. Platehead

Green Slimer

I’m fairly new to SPS. I noticed that the top of the tip has lightened a bit recently. lights are MH/T5. other SPS are doing great, other than 2 Montipora added recently. many ideas? I’ll check water parameters tonight. thx
  11. Platehead

Water change

The Korilla powerhead that I use to mix water for changing stopped rotating. I noticed this tonight when I went to measure salinity. A quick push on the impeller and its fine. Is the water safe to use or is my reef OCD taking over? Thx
  12. Platehead

Best way to clean sump

Tank is 6 years old. Thinking of pulling chateo and washing it in salt water at next water change and draining sump and vacuuming all the detritus and crap with a wet vac before I put my new return pump in. Am I asking for trouble as the tank is doing better than ever. also, thinking of...
  13. Platehead

NoPox

Has anyone used RedSea NoPox to reduce nutrients and algae in a mixed reef? How good is it? Does it also reduce cyno?
  14. Platehead

File Fish ate super glue

My file fish grabbed a wad of semi cured super glue while I was mounting frags a couple of days ago. I waited until tonight for it to fall off, but it didn’t come off. I tried to pull it off but I couldn’t. Will he loose it on his own. Thx
  15. Platehead

Store Question

Hi - did REEf JUNKEEZ move? Went by the store this weekend and they were closed. Nothing on line. Thx
  16. Platehead

Cleaning HOB Filter

Hi - I have an old HOB filter that was used on a fresh water tank years ago. The fish were sick at the end, so I used a copper containing medication. I was thinking of soaking the filter with vinegar and really rinsing it out. I plan on using this filter when I scrape the glass of excess...
  17. Platehead

Briopsis in Overflow

What’s the best way to nuke it. It stays in the grates of the overflows. Thx
  18. Platehead

Halide Light Schedule

Hi - I switched from LED to a halide/4 bulb T5 fixture. Looking for T5 bulb combination recommendations and how long to run both light types. Thx
  19. Platehead

Tank Mounts

Looking to go back to T5. Is there a supplier that makes legs for ATI SunPower lights? Thx
  20. Platehead

RODI systems

Need to replace mine. What systems are recommended? Thx
Back