Search results

1. R

WTB Leather & other soft corals

Looking to buy some leather and other soft corals. Would like to get some flowing corals for the back of the tank to add some movement. Long polyp toadstool, kenyatrees etc. Im located in northern RI willing to meet up Thanks Rocco
  2. R

WTB LPS, Softies, RBTA

Looking to introduce some hardy corals In my new tank. If anyone has some soft & LPS corals, RBTA or something similar please let me know. Located in the upper RI area but can make a drive into Mass Thanks Rocco
  3. R

New tank cycling stall - looking for bio media in RI/Uxbridge area

I recently got back in with a 48 Fiji-cube. I started with dry rock and live sand. I seeded it with Turbo start 900 and then added Fritz fishless fuel for the ammonia. I think I messed up the doses. It’s been over two weeks and the nitrites are still high. I did a 15 gallon water change and it...
  4. R

FS WTB sump

Getting back in after 4 years out of the hobby. Going with a Fuji Cube 48 shallow reef tank. Looking for sump. I’m planning on running a roller mat and a protein skimmer. No refugium. I just need an empty tank from what I’ve been told. No chambers. If anyone has a tank lying around less than...
  5. R

Warning! Dog chewed some LR with yellow polyps on it. Lots of throw up

I just wanted to raise some awareness about dogs and our reef tanks. About three days ago my 2 yr old Lab grabbed some LR rubble i was tossing that had some yellow polyps on it. He threw up about 7 times. At the time we didn't know he had grabbed the LR. We brought him to the vet and she sent us...
  6. R

RBTA's need new home

I'm looking to sell or trade my RBTA's. 45 a piece or trade for SPS or Zoas. I have 4 that have split from the original over the last two years. They are all fairly big, approx the sidze of a soft ball and look healthy. The only problem is that they look welded to my LR. Im not sure how to get...
  7. R

90g stand rotting away. Need some help ASAP please!

My 90 gallon standard tank stand is rotting away before my eyes! I just cleaned out my sump and noticed a lot of water sitting in the cabinet. Its a particle board blue ocean cabinet. The walls and the supports are starting to swell. I'm going away on my Honeymoon soon and want to replace it...
  8. R

Live sand question

I recently had my floors done, so I had to temporarily break down my 90. I transferred all the fish and coral to my old 36 corner tank. I scooped out all my live sand around 50 pounds of it. It smelled pretty nasty so I have it in a bucket outside. Whats my best option when I set up my 90 again...
  9. R

AI Vega intensity help??

Hi all, I am running two Vega's on my standard 90. Been playing around with my intensities for the past 8 months. I have my whites at 40 all the blues at 55 and the red and green at 25. the lights sit on top of my canopy and are about 12 inches up from the water. I noticed my LPS and nems are...
  10. R

Some shots of my 90

Here are some recent shots of my 90. I upgraded it from a 36 corner about five months ago.
  11. R

suggestions on a canopy for a 90??

Hey All, I've been looking for a canopy for my standard 90 gallon setup. Any good suggestions out there? I saw one that swivels up with the lights attached to the inside of it. When you lift the canopy up the Vegas would turn off and this led strip light would pop on to light up the tank so...
  12. R

ID please

This black leathery mass has been growing on my dwindling Zoa colony for some time now. Its slimy to the touch, any idea what it is??? Think it might be a sponge but it is in direct light. Contemplating cutting my losses and removing the colony completely from my tank.
  13. R

Need Torch Coral help

My torch coral has been looking a little wilted the past few weeks. Today I noticed one of the heads was dead with brown gunk on it. The Torch is located down stream from a small Zoe colony. I wonder if the Zoes could do some chemical warfare on the the Torch. I have a frog spawn and Elegance...
  14. R

Suggestions please

I purchased a small tomato clown earlier today from a LFS. When I put him in my tank I noticed what looked like a very light powder dusting on his face and fins. Its doesn't look like Ich, it looks almost like white spray paint over spray. Tried taking a pic but you cant see the white stuff on...
  15. R

Does this look OK???

My Bubble Coral likes to stay wide open for most of the day. Should it look like this??? Seems to be doing ok and growing slowly....
  16. R

Lost Power for 24 hrs

I lost power for 24 hrs. After about 12 hours I got my hands on a small generator to run one power head and the heater. The power came back on last night. Everything looks fine. I did a small water change and the levels are ok. Is there anything that I should keep an eye out for? I have a...
  17. R

RBTA Split

I noticed my RBTA was shriveled up the other day, and upon further inspection I found another RBTA barely showing its tentacles hidden in a cave. he split! I think the original is doing great, he's fully open and my clown is still hosting him. The other guy however is still small and hidden...
  18. R

Please ID

I noticed these two tube like openings in my Torch coral when I did my water change. Also noticed that small white worm like feathers pulse in and out. Almost like its breathing. Very weird. Any Ideas??
  19. R

Help! Elegance coral skeleton broke.

I was cleaning my tank and knocked a rock that fell on my Elegance coral. It crushed the skeleton and now it is all sucked in. I hope there is a way for it to recover. Is there anything I can do to help it out?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back