Search results

1. Aquanaut

Coral nutrition from hunting

https://www.whoi.edu/press-room/news-release/new-study-measures-how-much-of-corals-nutrition-comes-from-hunting/ very interesting new study
  2. Aquanaut

Aqua's Late Start Reef Journal

Alright, when I got back into the hobby last June I didn't set up a build journal. Kinda kicking myself for the laziness but there is no better time than now! I have begun dosing vodka so I figure why not start a log. Getting up to speed: This system started back in June of 2017...
  3. Aquanaut

Aqua's cube

Just wanted to share a FTS of my 2 month old nano after I've got back into the hobby. This is basically Dong's junior tank, he is the MAN! Huge shout out to my man at Acro Garden he's a true MVP. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Aquanaut

Alexa Controlled Reef Tank

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0N2WEFESY/?taken-by=nullreef Just saw this, pretty damn cool. Does anyone have anything like this set up? Super futuristic!
  5. Aquanaut

Recovering from overfeeding

Happy New Year Reefers! I just got back from a month long trip, where I placed my uninitiated friend in charge of feeding my tank while I was gone. He did a good job, no corals (SPS, LPS, Softies), Inverts, or fish have died, but it appears that he was over-feeding the tank. It is a 14...
  6. Aquanaut

Ich or Injury?

Thats right folks! It's time for reefkeepings favorite gameshow! Just kidding, but on a more serious note I cannot tell if my new purple firefish has ich or got injured. At the store I saw no white spots that would have warranted concern, but ]last night I noticed these marks on its body. I...
  7. Aquanaut

Just pulled the trigger on LEDs! Goodbye PCs

My stock biocube PC lights are nearing the spectrum shift associated with Power Compact bulbs, So after socking away a little cash I have purchaced the Lights I have been drooling over for months. I went with 2 Ecoxotic Panorama pro modules. 1 is 12000° K/ 445nm Blue and 1 445nm Blue/Magenta...
  8. Aquanaut

Book Recomendations

Hey breeders, After hearing Matt talk at the june meeting, I want to start learning and researching about breeding. Does anyone have the a list of the books he recommended in his presentation? Does anyone have any recommendations for good books to start on? Thanks!
  9. Aquanaut

Rundown on BioKit reef

Hey everyone, I got the 30 vial set of Biokit Reef at the meeting today in the raffle. Can someone who has experience with it give me a quick rundown of how to dose it? It only has one sentence of instructions in english. Will Be used on a 14g nano. Thanks!
  10. Aquanaut

Greetings fellow Reefers!

Hello Boston Reefers! Just found the forum, I had no idea there was a community like this. A bit about myself, My name is Ted I live in Arlington, MA and am an avid reefer. I only have a nano due to apartment size but one day hope to have a magnificent system. I find reef keeping to be a...
Back