Book Recomendations

Aquanaut

BRS Member
Hey breeders,
After hearing Matt talk at the june meeting, I want to start learning and researching about breeding. Does anyone have the a list of the books he recommended in his presentation? Does anyone have any recommendations for good books to start on?
Thanks!

also wondering how to go about signing out books and seeing an inventory list...Is it only at meetings? I unfortunatley have not been able to make any meetings

Hi,
I deal with the books. As far as I know we don't have any current listing of what's in the library online.

I'll have to take a look at the list manually, I'm pretty sure we have a couple of books related to breeding but I'm not exactly sure which ones off the top of my head. I'll try to get back to you later today.

john

I just received "The complete illustrated breeders guide to marine aquarium fishes"

Apparently this is the breeders bible

The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes Matthew L. Wittenrich and Joshua Highter

Clownfishes: A Guide to Their Captive Care, Breeding & Natural History
Joyce D. Wilkerson

Reproduction in Reef Fishes Thresher, R. E

The Marine Aquarium Reference: Systems and Invertebrates by Martin A. Moe

Breeding the Orchid Dottyback, Pseudochromis Fridmani: An Aquarist's Journal by Martin A. Moe

PLANKTON CULTURE MANUAL 6TH EDITION
By Frank Hoff & T. Snell.

CONDITIONING, SPAWNING & REARING FISH WITH EMPHASIS ON MARINE CLOWNFISH Frank Hoff

How To Raise & Train Your Peppermint Shrimp Kirkendoll

Thanks everyone! I did not know the BRS has a Library, I will wait to hear on the status.

me2003 awesome list!

I'm toying around with design setups with good old pen and paper at the moment, I will post anything good I can drum up.

Aquanaut, have you thought about which species you want to try? I was pretty inspired at the meeting myself and have been thinking about trying breeding as well. Maybe a group of us can share experiences/set-up plans/books/etc, or even cultures as time progresses?

Back