1 gal

r0y6989

Non-member
question for all of you diy people. i have a little 1 gallon tank that i wanted to turn into a frag tank inside my tank. now i started drilling the sides thinking that the water would come in and then oferflow out of a small hole drilled at the top. is there anyway i can make this work without the use of a small pump? thanks

lol thanks jim spur of the moment diy and thats why plans are always a good thing when working on projects.

I once set up something similar. I used a very small power head (something like a mini jet) to push water in, and drilled a bunch of holes to let water out.

Figure $10-15 for a little pump and it will work.

thanks john for the input i think i am going to go that route. now i dont have a fuge so could i just throw some chaeto in there or is the flow going to be to much.

Well in a 1 gallon your not goin to have to much flow..I probably have more flow in my sump

the 1 gal is just goign to be used to house pods and chaeto and what not, i feel like it can only help out my tank, i plan on setting up a sump/fuge in a little bit so should i just wait?

Back