11/6th meeting meeting opinion

any good?

• yes, I like the multiple venues - lets spread it around

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • no, I like having having the meeting at the same central location

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • who cares, as long as I get free stuff

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • yes, I'm gonna help and do my part for the BRS - gonna email and offer my help

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I'm gonna be quiet and make believe I couldn't make a difference anyway

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there was some controvery about having a meeting outside the norm and away from the 'core' group of reefers on past threads. We had roughly 68 people and 14 new members signed up. IMO - we had adequate room, and a fairly inexpensive room ($70 donation) and money to feed the group. I think it was a success.

There were some discussing future venues, be advised that this was a American Legion Hall, they were pleased to assist a 'non-profit' organization. It doesnt mean that every VFW hall, polish american hall. italian american, or other american legions in your area will have the same point of view. I've talked to some for $100 and others for $175. Most have cheap beers, but food and parking may be limited. If your interested in a meeting near you - check around and check many.

this wasnt much work - volunteer, make the effort - feel good about helping your fellow reefers.

Last edited:
Yaktop said:
There were some discussing future venues, be advised that this was a American Legion Hall, they were pleased to assist a 'non-profit' organization. It doesnt mean that every VFW hall, polish american hall. italian american, or other american legions in your area will have the same point of view. I've talked to some for $100 and others for $175. Most have cheap beers, but food and parking may be limited. If your interested in a meeting near you - check around and check many.

this wasnt much work - volunteer, make the effort - feel good about helping your fellow reefers.

Here Here!!! I agree

I think it was a very successfull , wow 14 new members I talked to some of our new members ,who told me they only came because the meeting was close to them & they came to check it out , liked what they saw & joined The ones i talked to also said now they will travel to other meetings & bring friends with them One of this clubs main goals is to reach out to reefers , to show them theres a club where you can have fun , meet great people & most important learn of others This goal was most definetly meet at yesterdays meeting

In my opinion , I think we should find 5 or 6 places within or close to Rt. 495 loop to have meetings This will help us in many ways, we will grow in members , give lots of us a meeting closer to home & most important give us a chance to got more LFS involed with the club

all most forgot, we even had a few people come up from Conn. to check our club out !

Last edited:
Im all for spreading it around. Wish I could have made it yesterday.

I dont understand the poll at all, seems to be 2 or 3 questions in there...

I'm going to check a KofC hall in North Andover.

You guys should look into stuff up by you if your want a NH meeting.

Somewhere close to NH border would be NICE...I can check the Nashua area. And if you ever decide to have it in Manchester NH I"ll even help pay for the room:D

stang8s said:
I dont understand the poll at all, seems to be 2 or 3 questions in there...

you can have polls so you only can answer one question or multiple. easier if you have two questions to ask.

I enjoyed the change. It wasn't a short drive, but it was a nice day anyways. Using 495 or even 128/95 as a "corridor" is a good idea. Then we can just work our way from North to South and back. I think it's only fair.

I could poke around in the Marlboro area to see if anything is available for future use.

Dave

The Walker Building is a great idea. It is also less than 2 miles from 495 and right on Rt. 20. I go to a lot of Marlborough Youth Baseball Meetings there. $100 you say? Is that good or bad in the eyes of the officers/committee?

Dave

Yea the walker building sounded like the best. The librarians talked up the library space but when I spoke with the walker bldg guy he said that the library space is very long and narrow.

The only concern i had with the walker building was that the room in question is on an upper level. So that means people have to carry stuff up stairs, but I suppose we do that at wakefield anyway.

Jeff

Why not Cindy? Sounds OK with me and it is no further than the NH folks drove this weekend. We could all go over to AquaAddicts after.

I have 2 questions though: The website says 'Windham non-profits" is $25/hr. Is that ALL non-profits or just those located in Windham (boy scouts, ...). My second question concerns the frag swaps and the possibility of getting water on the floor. Would that freak them out?

$100 for four hours isn't too bad.
We could make that up with a raffle.
I think that at the Jan meeting the talk is that a livestock auction is desired.
Something to raise funds to bring in speakers and pay for their lodging.
Just something to keep in mind.
Always ask about people bringing in coolers. Will that be a problem?
How about a little water spilled (which we'd clean up) - would that be a problem?

I was kind of kidding, the place is a giant castle, and I don't think they serve beer, and you might feel like you have to wear a tie :) I guess it is worth asking about though.

I think semi-formal dress is right out! ;)
Nobody wants to slop Xenia on their tie.

Back