12g nano

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
hey i was wondering if anyone could help me....i just bought one of these and it has everything with it im just not sure where everything goes to set it up, can anyone help me, it has the 4 slots in the back, the far left one has the sponges in it....i need to place the heater,pump and filter parts in but dont know where they go, please help me!!....i also have the skimmer that goes with it if anyone knows how to set that up

hey is it a nano cube or a bio cube or aqua pod.did it come with those balls?if so i wouldnt use them they turn into nitrate factories.i know with a bio cube the heater goes in the first slot and the last slot is for the pump

o

im hoping i can get this thing put togeather tonight

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 111
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 119
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 109
I wouldn't even bother with that Fission skimmer. They do nothing but produce tons of micro bubbles.

I know most people and bad mouthing the fisson skimmer... but in a 12 gallon aquapod.. it seems to be the only thing that will fix with the standard hood. I have fooled around with it for a couple of weeks and it is working... no I do not get dry scum - but I do get brown thick water in it's little chamber.. so for me it's a success. The bubbles that it produces if you adjust the top actually add some gas exchange which is welcome... IMO

i've been running a 12g with no skimmer for 2 1/2 years now with no problems. just keep current with water changes (1g per week) and you'll be fine.

for the rear chambers, i leave them empty with the exception of 1 sponge right where you have it. i rinse the sponge out at every water change. also, the return pump must be put back there for obvious reasons and most of the time a 50w heater will fit back there with no problems. ( it looks like you have a good one in there already)

yah i talked to him last night he got it set up. I told him to take the sponge out because i thought it would turn into a nitrate factory.

yah i talked to him last night he got it set up. I told him to take the sponge out because i thought it would turn into a nitrate factory.

the sponge is optional, i only use it becuase i have 3 animals that shed like crazy and it catches thier fur.

another option that people use is pillow stuffing from walmart. you can buy a huge bag of it cheap. you just put a little in the first chamber and throw it out and replace it every few days

Back