14 gallon fluval nano

custom reef

Non-member
first time with a nano.. had a 180 gallon reef for years but downsized in a big way. want to get one fish thinking about a clown goby. what fish would you put in a small tank. changed the light that came with tank. found this light on ebay under the seller name (topledseller) for only $99.99 .
seems to be a really good light for the money.. full spectrum 165watt. maybe overkill for my nano but wow what a difference in coral color and polyp extension. will take time ramping up light so not to kill or burn any coral.

oh and most of the frags in this tank came from Dong. thanks Dong all doing very well will be back soon for more..

Attachments

• nano 2.JPG
    nano 2.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 417
  • nano 1.JPG
    nano 1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 395
  • nano 3.JPG
    nano 3.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 404
  • nano 4.JPG
    nano 4.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 419
  • nano 5.JPG
    nano 5.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 389
  • nano 6.JPG
    nano 6.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 395
  • nano 7.JPG
    nano 7.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 406
  • nano 8.JPG
    nano 8.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Gorgeous tank! If it were mine, I'd do a clown goby and a pistol shrimp / goby pair.

Pistol shrimp/goby and 1 more fish would be good. I'd put a clown fish in, little more active than the gobies.

I like the clown goby. And I like the sharknose goby. Tank is only 14 gallon. So want to keep fish small. Don't want a clown fish of any kind. Don't want to have to feed a bunch of fish. But one or two that's it.

Back