180 gallon bowfront dream build

MiamiPete

Non-member
Ok all. Like I said in my intro, im new up from Miami. I have a temp 65 gallon in my in laws house just to keep me sane. I'm looking to buy a new house in the next 3-4 months. With that being said, I'm buying a new 180 gallon bowfront (or finding one nearly new). What additions would you all add on if you just sold a house in Miami and have a couple extra bucks to spend!!???! I'm leaning LEDs, and Kessils at that. What kind of skimmer? Any better lights? Controllers? Power heads? Dosers? Bring it on! Don't be too crazy. I'm not funded by sea world, but let's talk best bang for a couple bucks....

I'm biased towards Radions as I've had them since they first came out. I run a 3 gen pro with 2 T5's to help with the shadowing. I like running a aquamaxx cone s skimmer and pulls some decent junk even on a low bioload tank. Apex controller is definitely the one to control everything in my tank. It controls my MP10's, my Radion and my DOS doser.

I know it is a little to crazy ;)

I'm biased towards Radions as I've had them since they first came out. I run a 3 gen pro with 2 T5's to help with the shadowing. I like running a aquamaxx cone s skimmer and pulls some decent junk even on a low bioload tank. Apex controller is definitely the one to control everything in my tank. It controls my MP10's, my Radion and my DOS doser.

I know it is a little to crazy ;)

Nothing in this biz is too crazy. Lol. It's a disease!! What size tank do you have?

I think the radion pro is a good choice but I've seen the kessils put out good results as well.

I have the radion gen 3 now but I'm taking my tank down. I will prob go with the pros on my next build

Do the kesils support sps growth as well as the others? I went with the hydras because of cost. Sanjay loves the radions

Radion gen 3 pro's, vertex omega 150 or 180i, Apex controller (even if it's the Jr) and a couple Quiet drive Mp's size up to you.

Although the shimmer on the kessils is really nice, I bought 2 A360we's and wasn't entirely happy with them. The wides have good spread but lack in power where the narrow is the opposite. Also lots of shadowing from both. If you go with kessils for Sps go with narrows and buy 8 for a 6' tank. I sold mine and bought Radion Pro's and have been completely happy with them, Sps dominant tank.

Back