180 gallon July 2011 photos part 1

Jays333

Non-member
It's been a while since I have posted some pictures of the tank. Some of the corals are really starting to grow.

Full tank shot front

FishTank7-12-20111of18.jpg

Full tank shot back minus the overflows
FishTank7-12-201110of18.jpg

Front 1/3 shots
FishTank7-12-20117of18.jpg

FishTank7-12-20118of18.jpg

FishTank7-12-20119of18.jpg

how is that rabbitfish??? eating any corals

This Rabbitfish has been fine. I had a Yellow Spinefoot that was doing a number on some of the LPS and Zoanthids. He was the only fish that would never go in the trap. After a few weeks of frustration, I put a Lobophylia in the trap, and he was in there in less then an hour.

that is a great tank and a job well done... LOVE LOVE LOVE the jawish!

does your sohal have an attitude problem yet? jus curious :)

that is a great tank and a job well done... LOVE LOVE LOVE the jawish!

does your sohal have an attitude problem yet? jus curious :)

Thanks Neal,
It's a Dusky Jawfish and he really adds a lot of character to the tank. He is great to watch during feeding time. He darts out and returns to his borough at lightning speed. If you are considering a Jawfish I would really recommend the Dusky over the Blue spotted which seem difficult to keep.

The Sohal doesn't really bother anyone as long as everyone gets out of his way. The spines of the Rabbitfish seem to have made him behave better, and be more accepting of others.

i also like the arc eye hawk...i love watching him..especialy when feeding...mines already knows how the bottle of pellets looks like and knows its feeding time...he eats then sits on the rock/or branch observing his parameters...bet urs is like that too...

Back