2 bulb lighting question..?

Agamemnon

Non-member
I've been setup for about a year and I'm thinking about replacing my T-5 bulbs. My 55 tank is mostly fowlr with a only a few softies, gps, palys, mushrooms, etc. My lighting is a 2 x 54 watt fixture and currently has the stock 1 - 10K daylight & 1 - blue antinic. I would like to get a nice blue/purple look to my tank but still bright enough to see some detail. I realize I'm limited with my 2-bulb setup but wanted to see what people thought. I would like a nice blue/purple color but a little softie growth too. Not sure if its possible with a 2-bulb. I've been suggested ATI bulbs, (1-aqua blue special & 1-purple plus)? What do you suggest? Fire away!

I'd suggest a Coral plus and a blue plus. That'll give nice blue / purple color and good intensity.

The purple plus look nice but don't do much for intensity and with only two blubs you want all you can get. Coral plus blubs are kind of like aquablue specials but with a little extra purple. Coral plus and aquablue special both look more white than anything else to the eye. Blue plus look blue but have good intesnity.

Thanks JohnK,

I will definetly look into a coral plus and blue plus. Also, anyone have any suggestions on where to buy bulbs from? Online? Free shipping, etc.?

So I ordered from www.reefgeek.com today. 1-Coral plus and 1-Blue plus it is. Thank you JohnK and pbinkiewicz for the help, I'll post an update after these bulbs settle in. Much appreciated guys.

Hats off to you guys again. Ordered from reefgeek.com and they did do a great job packing the bulbs. I love the blue look of the coral plus and the blue plus, it really gives it a nice look and its not washed out like my old bulbs were. Hopefully the corals like them too.

the 4 bulbs fixture is pretty cheap these days. Even those ebay one works for your tank as well. The 4 bulbs definitely can give you more option

Back