2 Tunze 6095 for a 75 gallons SPS tank?

Bao

Non-member
Hello Everyone,

Currently I am running a 75 gallons tank with a lot of SPS. I have 4 Koralia with me right now but they are making noises and keep breaking down even though they are only 6 months old. I was thinking of ordering 2 Tunze 6095 with controller 7096 (marinedepot has a 10% off today with the code: 10PERCENT). Would the 2 tunze 6095 be enough for my tank (48"x18"x21"H). Would a 6095 push enough water across a 4 feet tank?

By the way, I can buy 2 x 6105 also and its only 142 dollars more but the 6105 was just too powerful for my tank.
I can buy 2 x 6105 and only use the 12V or at most 18V jumpers. The 6105 would be great if I upgrade my tank but honestly I don't know when that will happen.

Any comments or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Bao

I just asked the same question to a rep for Tunze for my 65 and that's what he recommended for me. My tank is only 36" long though but I suspect it would be fine.

I have a single 6095 in my 60 cube. I have the 18v jumper in because with the 24v in it's like a sand storm. Two 6095 would be crazy.

Rep is not trying to squeeze you the extra dollars. Some people are just cheap. I would do at least two 6095 in a 4' tank. Having one power running at max power will leave you with bare bottom in one spot of the tank and dead spots at the other corner.
Two pumps are better than one when it comes to wave making.

Question... I remember 5-6 years ago when I was getting into saltwater, the rule of thumb was 40-60x turnover for sps.

With all these new controllable pumps making random flow and waves, does that rule go out the window?

I asked the same question (regarding the pumps) and got the same answer- (2) 6095, but dialed back 40ish percent. That's only like 30x turn over in my tank.

Well I ordered 2 x Tunze 6105 and Tunze Controller 7096. If I turned them on 100% I think fishes, water and corals will be flying out of the tank. HAHA.

you can get away with 1 pump on a wave controller to make the W A V E. Ive seen it done at Dongs. Hes was using a 6101 on the wave controller (which can switch the pump speed on/off every .5 sec).

you can get away with 1 pump on a wave controller to make the W A V E. Ive seen it done at Dongs. Hes was using a 6101 on the wave controller (which can switch the pump speed on/off every .5 sec).

Yup, I'm using a 6095 wide flow (2500gph) with a 7092 controller on my 60 cube. In wave mode you can adjust from .3 to 2 seconds. The only thing I don't like about the 7092 controller is that in wave mode with a night sensor it turns the pump completely off at night. I think it's the same for the 7096 in night mode too. Because of this I put a 120v 6015 (496pgh) in the tank for minimal flow at night. In pulse mode, 2-10 seconds, it switches to speed 1 at night.

If i dont want to use that night sensor, can i just take it off or disable it?

Back