28g Nano LEDs died -options?

Knight

Non-member
Happy Holidays Reefers!!
I have a 28g nano cube. Has a pair of ocellated clowns, RBT, Kenya trees, snails, and a fire shrimp. This morning I woke up to find the blue lights are working in the hood, but the whites are dim. And some are completely dark. I thought I had seen a thread on replacement strings of leds. I saw the hundreds of dollars to replace the whole hood, figured there must be a more economical way I could just replace the panel. I have moved the anemone to my clarkii harem tank, and have an old T8 fixture sitting on top and the lid propped open. So no real rush. I am looking for ideas and options. Thanks Reefers!!

I really like my AI prime 16 HD.

What ever you decide, it's worth posting a WTB ad on the forums here to see if another user has what you need collecting dust in their box of aquarium sh*t. You will likely get a much better price than new.

I was really looking to replace the led panel. The lid keeps my 2 year old granddaughter from swimming with the fishes. The ai prime will leave the top open and that will lead to all sorts of things in there. She likes to feed them.

I was really looking to replace the led panel. The lid keeps my 2 year old granddaughter from swimming with the fishes. The ai prime will leave the top open and that will lead to all sorts of things in there. She likes to feed them.
Ah this makes sense. I've done some retrofits to bring mounted lamps to integrate them into a hood. For example I run a kessil on a fluvial flex with a stock lid that has a hole cut into it that takes a custom housing.

I think if you want to just mount new LEDs there is a company called Jays LEDs that people used to like for mounting LEDs into biocube hoods. I think what they sell may be what you're looking for.

For what it's worth, I have a 2 yr old too, and I understand the chaos.

Back