3 months of uprading to a larger tank, it's a ton of work

Leroy

Pres. NE Matchcover Club
Well I'm finally at the end of upgrading to a 120gal tank in the dining room with a 30 gal pre-sump a 75 gal refugium and a 30 gal post sump/fuge in the basement. It took awhile to plan the layout then the actual work of drilling tanks, plumbing, 2 electrical panels with 18 GFCI outlets to each assembly, modified plumbing and automated water change system, custom made acrylic brackets for refugium lighting, ATO float valves, ORP Probe and PH probes. A Modified ATO system, custom effluent container, custom made lighting 2, 250W DE MH w/4 T5 actinic bulbs and 4 moon lights with a quiet air cooling. All that's left is to hook up the laptop to the Aqua Controller, DC8's and X10 then automate the calc, alk and mag with peristaltic pumps to an amount of flow dosing a calculated flow. Then I break down another 90 gal tank so I'll have one tank to deal with. It's a ton of work but it be worth it when it's all done.

Soon I'll take a FT pic when I unload my other 90 gal tank of the rest of corals into the 120.

You know I know Leroy! I still need to get a calcium reactor going! It sounds good -- look forward to seeing your pictures.

Tease is right!! I'd love to see pics of the plumbing, ato system, water change, & the electrical! Pleeeeese? :D

Id rather see pics of the works of the system.. i think I'm more into that stuff than the tank itself lol

Eh.......I did the pic routine on a lot of DIY projects I did in past posts but unfortunately it wasn't much of a hit. The last DIY questioning I posted on a vented S drain but in reality it's a vented P drain from HD, $30 would have surprised many that had doubts about it's function. I had to try it though I have actually seen it at another hobbyists basement sump. Many an idea in our past has resulted in a great progress of humanity to improve the quality of our lives, tho many had their doubts as inventors never gave up.

Soon as I get caught up on breaking down 2, 90 gals and the clean up to unload the extra equipment I'll update.

Back