34 gallon solana seahorse/nps/macroalgae tank build

jenreef

Non-member
here is my 34 gallon solana seahorse/nps/macroalgae tank
i plan to keep the temperature 73-74 degrees
blue led lighting to recreate deep water look
black aragonite live sand
20lbs of live rock
right now it has stock solana skimmer. but i plan on buying a aquaC remora protein skimmer

half of the water in the solana tank came from my 120 gallon tank and i used live sand and live rock. so the tank went through a very quick cycle if it even went through a cycle. after the tank being up 2 weeks checked all the parameters and it came back all good. so i added the dendro, orange sun coral, balck suncoral and the spider sponge to the tank

i will be keeping this thread updated when i get new livestock or equipment

any suggestions or thoughts will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 522
Sweet! How many blue LEDs are you running on that solana? Are you planning on adding any whites?

Love a none photo system good luck when I cared for NPS I had to up the water changes and be consistent. I through in the towel when I could not stay on top of maintenance and started to see algae (I hate algae). I am having a algae bloom now for over feeding 12 cubes a day is a little much so I'm cutting back slowly:rolleyes:. I need to up my water changes to correct the problem. Beautiful tank and good luck.

Sweet! How many blue LEDs are you running on that solana? Are you planning on adding any whites?

right now i have 1 true lumen strip that has 4 blue leds. im still debating if i should add any white leds. just because i want it to be a very blue tank. to get that deep water feel

Love a none photo system good luck when I cared for NPS I had to up the water changes and be consistent. I through in the towel when I could not stay on top of maintenance and started to see algae (I hate algae). I am having a algae bloom now for over feeding 12 cubes a day is a little much so I'm cutting back slowly:rolleyes:. I need to up my water changes to correct the problem. Beautiful tank and good luck.

i plan to do once a week water changes. and see how that goes. but i did hear with a nps tank yo have to do twice a week water changes

Back