4 bulb t5 blue wave adding second power cord

Andyg8613

Non-member
So I have a blue wave 48" 4 bulb t5 fixture. I changed the bulbs today and added two actinic one aqua blue special and one blue+. I put only the acitnic bulbs in first and turned on the light and saw my tank for the first time under true blues. As I was putting the other bulbs an ballasts in I realized there are two ballasts each doing 2 bulbs. They are run 2 left 2 right, with one power cord. I want to power each ballast separately and swap each ballast to every other bulb instead of 2 bulbs next to each other. This way I can run my actinics separately. On one side of te fixture there's a cover and behind that there's one clip for the wiring and both ballast power wires are right there. I plan to drill a hole with a PVC conduit connector next to the existing and run a new whip in. Seperate the ballast power supply's and wire the bulbs to every other instead of parrallel. Pics to come tomorrow!!

I did this with my tek fixture. it had 1 cord and 2 switches/2 ballasts. I added the second cord so that i can use timers to control the lighting. Works perfect. You can get the cord from the depot. 14g 3 conductor.

I did it and it works great I just need some time to sit on the comp and load all the pics up, I can't seem to so it with my phone

Back