4g build thread-i can never think of a clever title so i'm not going to even try

that makes sense about the coralife and odysse fixtures. the coralife gets HOT real hot. i'm just waiting to have the money for some leds and then i won't need the coralife anymore.

i bought this tank on ebay actually. the seller was really great had it to me pretty quickly. they have been discontinued so now is the time to get one since they aren't makeing new ones anymore. they are all over the place though i just got mine on ebay.

i like the tank where it is for right now. my sisters house gets a lot of power outages and if there is overflow it will just empty into that basin instead of all over the floor.

well i've been doing testing and my ammonia never got higher than 0.50 and my nitrate was similar. my nitrates are at about 20 right now. i figured i'm going to wait another week or two and then do a couple of 50% water changes over a couple of days and then add a test coral like gsp.

well all my levels have remained the same for the past few days. ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrate at 20-40. i'm going to do a 50% water change and then test for a couple days and do another one if need be and then i'll be ready to try a test coral in this bad boy. i'm getting excited, it will be great to have an actual reef again.

yeah after the 55 crashed i was going to do a 40g breeder but ended up going this route instead. i figured i'm going to be moving in the next few months so it will be much easier to move this than a whole 40g set up. i'm excited about the potential of this tank.

Back