54 corner

I don't know why I like to mess with stuff thats PERFECTLY FINE!!!!! :mad: So I decided to cut up my perfectly good LED heatsink two weeks ago and run 12 royal blue crees alongside the 250mh. It didn't exactly make as much of a difference as I had anticipated. It did however put a LOT of stress on a few pieces..... GSP hasn't opened in three days (thank god lol, I may even pull the rock that the majority of it is on right out of the tank) a very nice 3" frag of Mike Accardi teal stag that I just got two weeks ago from hiller flamed out, and now the silk tonga mushrooms are melting away one by one like they got hit by the plague. I should have known better than to run them at 60% right out of the gate; I guess thats proof that the 250w pheonix is plenty for this little tank. All I can say is 1: too bad some of this xenia didn't cook, and 2: thank god everything else looks fine....... so far. The blues are still up, but they're off and coming down. I'm done playing. The tank looks fine without them. Its just more crap that can, will, and did go wrong!!!! Sorry for the rant, I just need to question the things I do before and not after the fact!!!!

Sorry for the troubles. At least one good thing comes out, I'll remember that my 250w MH is plenty for my 54g.

Good news, today is the first day after work there's not another mushroom melting away and the GSP is extending polyps again..... hopefully nothing else has been affected negatively. Very upset about the Accardi teal stag, that was one of the nicest blues I've ever seen from an acropora. Ill have to hook up with Greg and have him trim off another chunk for me, and ease it into the light a little more slowly.

I love your 54! Hope mine loons line that someday.

I don't want to cause trouble but won't the tang police jump on the yellow in the 54?

i love this tank i cant wait to setup my 54 corner

i just set up a 54 corner and love what you have done! Keep up the good work. Your system is awesome. My setup is much simpler but ( swithing from a standard 55) I am loving the depth of this tank. Very cool.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! It's about as large a system I can have for now as a renter on the 2nd floor. I will have an excessively large tank someday, once I buy a house! Its getting close to a year old and it has been quite a ride. There has definitely been a few times that I have had to question my sanity {hence post #1}

Thanks Shane, they sure do! We need some updated pics of your 92 soon too! how are the biopellets working for ya? I love this tank, but there's days I wish It was a normal rectangle and not a bow front tank, especially when it comes to cleaning the glass the curve makes it a pita with the mag float.

I found a sweet image resize app and I can finally post allowable size images through my phone
EA4AD44F-4ADB-4C71-83C3-4EF39A5D88A9-235-0000001D092B47C0.jpg

Ill post some updates soon. The bio pellets seem to have worked my sump looks great lol I wish the little bits of cyano would go away upstairs in the display tho. I've been slowly raising my alk to see if that would kill it off but it's still there in places. Nothing too crazy tho

Tank looks awesome!

Can't wait until mine starts to fill in like that. 8 months and counting... somehow I can't imagine mine looking like that 4 months from now. hehe

62691934-78A8-46E2-BFDE-B70CD263008C-20338-00000C665AC90202.jpg

This is my soon to be new sump/frag tank/equipment stand. The top is yhe frag tank which is a 20 long that was drilled and custom overflow installed, will drain down into the middle filter sock reverse durso.

The far filter sock durso is for the 54 corner display tank.

The middle shelf is reserved for the algae turf scrubber, which is sitting in the shelf in the picture. That also has a dedicated sock durso drain.

Next to the 29 gallon sump is room for my two avast media reactors. I run rox 0.8 carbon 24/7 and the secon one is for GFO that ill run if I feel the need.

Extra space on the second shelf is reserved for my calcium reactor. Above the ATS on the back wall will be the reef keeper modules, ph controller for the Ca reactor, vortech controllers and any other electronics. I am also upgrading my skimmer from the SWC 150 to an Avast CS1, unsure if I'm going to run it single pass or feed with an additional pump. So far everything has been run off one single eheim 1262, hopefully it will still be enough pump for everything. As of now I am still using metal halide, but I am considering a switch to LED since my tank is mostly SPS and LEDs are working great for SPS tanks, as well as energy savings being at the top of the priority list. I will update and add photos as I go. I plan on finishing the plumbing, and painting the inside of the rack, then trimming it out and staining the outside to match my living room furniture. This will all be in the office next to the main tank hidden from living area view.

Nice setup! If i can make one suggestion though, is that you add at least 1 reinforcing member to the front of that top shelf to help prevent any bowing. Even though the 20G is not that big, over time in that environment, the shelf will sag and no longer be a stable surface for the tank.

Back