80 Gallon Deep Blue Rimless Shallow Reef Build.

Thanks. In the photo it is a little high. I dumped too much water in when adding the sump. Just checked and is does not overflow.

Here is the photo of the first fish. A Chalk Bass.

cb.JPG

Any updates? I just bought one of these tanks, although I'm not positive it's starphire. :/

I thought the rimless ones were ALL starphire! Ugh.

The basic one is not starphire. I have plain old glass but wish it was starphire. I'm not sure how much I would notice it, but compared to the amount of money you will pour into the tank, $80 extra bucks or so is worth it.

I shortened the rock and took out the big boulder. I also took out all my fish to leave it fallow and treat for ich. It turns out my heater didn't have enough wattage to keep up with the high surface area evaporation so temp swings were probably stressing them.

The basic one is not starphire. I have plain old glass but wish it was starphire. I'm not sure how much I would notice it, but compared to the amount of money you will pour into the tank, $80 extra bucks or so is worth it.

I could be badly wrong here. but I thought most standard tank (non custom or not special order tank) do not come with starphire.

Well deep blue does offer the equivalent to starphire, just they call their version opti-pure research grade glass. It came standard for the front panel of my 60g edge cube, but that version does not come standard unless requested if i read the site correctly. Starphire is just a branded name for low iron glass.

Here is the tank 7 weeks later. Still "fallow" but not empty. Fish are almost done with QT and ready to swim around.
Apriltank.JPG

Here is a top view. The basket is home to some of my nems for now.
Apriltankabove.JPG

Looks great, nice swimming room and when those rock "grow in" it should look pretty natural. Nice Job!

I really like your stand - it looks like a couple of legs in front and it's bolted to the wall in the back - or are there legs there too? I like the open look vs the traditional wooden box stand.

Back