80g shallow build/consolidation

s_kelley

BRS Member

So I've decided to consolidate/downsize a bit, ((I'm bored)) right now I'm right around 500 gallons total and I'm just not enjoying it was much with the big trough down where I cant really sit and enjoy it.

Thanks to stevenc1187 I was able to get the deep blue 80 and new stand I wanted, so the plan is to get this up and running, transfer select stuff over, get rid of the rest. No more basement sump or trough. All that stuff will be for sale sooner or later. I'll use this thread as a build/dismantling log, let the fun begin!!!

Painted the back and side black and epoxy painted the inside of the cabinet, it's kinda dark in here but you can see it.

Steve hooked me up with a pretty cool acrylic sump but I think I'm gonna use a 40 breeder so I can keep using my giant reef octopus skimmer. So I'll be building that as well.
This stuff might take me a bit to complete but I'll share as I go.

Nice setup. I am getting ready to start to consolidate my 2 tanks into this 120G Picking it up Saturday. To much to maintain multiple tanks.
1da9ad23d4a6c243567f3082aa4aea84.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I will do that s_kelley. Then once I am done I have to get the 2 tank setups sold LOL!

Uh oh, what's this???

So I've been thinking, my new tank will center around my giant Squamosa clam, acans, zoa, softies, I am going to need to rehome my juvi emperor angel and lemon peel angel since they are known to snack on these items. Sucks cause they are awesome fish. What do people think? Is it even worth attempting to keep them?

I wont risk it . Last time i try something like that i have to take my whole tank apart to get the fish out

That's what I was thinking too, sucks cause here awesome looking fish

What are the odds I can slide this bad boy into place after its full and I take the other one down? 80 gallons w/40g sump
Roughly 120 gal x 8 lbs a gallon? 960lbs total, think I can slide it? I put floor slider things under the stand

No way your going go be able to move it without draining a majority of the water. Even if you where physycally capable of moving it i woild imagine it wouldn't be too gentle on your flooring.

Ahhh so over the last few days I have been taking stuff out of the display and putting it all down in the trough, so nerve racking!!!

Back