A couple observations

One Eye

former vp of pr
A couple observations I made while unpacking frags today.

1: Itelus is #1 in frag packaging!!
2: I received 3 acros...no red mites!! Nice job Chuck Spyro and Lam!
3: We have some nice corals floating around this club. I'm not talking about just the flavor of the month stuff either. We've got stuff that just isn't seen around very much. Don't get me wrong. I like the flavor of the month stuff. But I really enjoy seeing/getting corals that aren't seen in every other tank. Thanks Bec!!
4: There is ALOT of hair algea in this club!!
5: People are really showing a concern for pest. I have not seen 1 pest on any of the frags, sps,lps or softies. And I've been looking! The frags are in a 5 gal QT and I've been checking with a magnifying glass during treating.
6: Ziplock baggies don't hold water.
7: You can drop bags of leather corals in the driveway and not have a fragfest :rolleyes: ya, I did it again.
8: I get really bored while treating/acclimateing new corals.....

I thought of you today, One Eye.

My one eyed pepermint shrimp who faught his way to dominence by killing 8 other pepermints over the course of a year, who was stuck without a mate when his girlfriend went through the overflow to the sump, who successfully faught off the shrimp eating coralbanded... got eaten by the magnifica when trying to steal food from its mouth. To add insult to injury, the magnifica was full and spit him out anyway.

I'm not quite sure what to say to that Flighty??? I'm kinda hoping to never be eaten by an anenome. I thought I had fought my way to dominance, turned out Deb was just letting me win for a while. So ya, I guess I get it...all us one eyed creatures are doomed.. :D

One Eye said:
I'm not quite sure what to say to that Flighty??? I'm kinda hoping to never be eaten by an anenome. I thought I had fought my way to dominance, turned out Deb was just letting me win for a while. So ya, I guess I get it...all us one eyed creatures are doomed.. :D
Just watch out for Deb around the overflow :rolleyes:

One Eye said:

I received 3 acros...no red mites!! Nice job Chuck Spyro and Lam!

Thanks Darren.

Anything that enters my tank gets a 6 hour treatment with Interceptor (10x to 100x Dustin recommended dose) followed by a 30 minute, high strength bath in Seachem Coral Disinfectant.

My whole tank was treated a while ago 3 times for red bugs, as prescribed by Dustin Dorton and it has been red bug free ever since.

I'm DavidP...and I'm proud to say that under the review of 4 master reefers...I've been deemed bug free ;)

D

9) Impulse buying large tanks can reserve you a place on the couch for several mths!

:) Funny Stuff Casey....

When Gustavo told my wife about his getting a 6 foot tank, she proudly exlaimed to me "If you get one, make sure it has a cover". I was impressed by the simple thought that she'd let me get one...and her understanding in my frustration of jumping fish...but NOOOOOO

Her punch line... "A cover on it... so I can burry you in it" Doooooh!!

D

One Eye said:

1: Itelus is #1 in frag packaging!!
2: I received 3 acros...no red mites!! Nice job Chuck Spyro and Lam!
3: We have some nice corals floating around this club. I'm not talking about just the flavor of the month stuff either. We've got stuff that just isn't seen around very much. Don't get me wrong. I like the flavor of the month stuff. But I really enjoy seeing/getting corals that aren't seen in every other tank. Thanks Bec!!
4: There is ALOT of hair algea in this club!!
5: People are really showing a concern for pest. I have not seen 1 pest on any of the frags, sps,lps or softies. And I've been looking! The frags are in a 5 gal QT and I've been checking with a magnifying glass during treating.
6: Ziplock baggies don't hold water.
7: You can drop bags of leather corals in the driveway and not have a fragfest :rolleyes: ya, I did it again.
8: I get really bored while treating/acclimateing new corals.....
Darren,please note you made a mistake in my user name,there is not one I
in my user name,there are none.If you look closely the first letter is the same as the third which is a lower case LLLLLLLLLLLLL. :D
Maybe i need to change my user name and choose something without LLLLLLL's
Not singling you put here,i just figured it was a good chance to explain so hopefully i won't have to keep correcting people at the meeting.I would'nt want someone thinking i did'nt show with their frag
Maybe i should just change it to Itelus

Oh yeah,thanks for the compliment on my packaging :)
-Liam.

ltelus....how do you pronounce that? :)

Clam, no couch time for the new tank!! In fact I was going to break down my 45 (first tank we had) and a 20 long (our 2nd tank) that used to be her softy tank. She said she wanted to keep the original tanks running so we have to make room for the new one. She also said that a 6' tank is gonna look awesome....sometimes even I get lucky. And how would I have been able to say no to that deal anyway.:)

etszoo, what??? Are you poking fun at me?? I hope not I'm very sensitive.

wow, nice... you got a great deal on it...
One Eye said:

Clam, no couch time for the new tank!! In fact I was going to break down my 45 (first tank we had) and a 20 long (our 2nd tank) that used to be her softy tank. She said she wanted to keep the original tanks running so we have to make room for the new one. She also said that a 6' tank is gonna look awesome....sometimes even I get lucky. And how would I have been able to say no to that deal anyway.:)

One Eye said:

L TEL US,its the start of my email address ,L is the first letter of Liam.TEL is the first three letters of my family name and US as in the united States.
Maybe i will just change it to Liam,what do you think? :)

Back