A lone polyp of the old school Liam’s clove polyp

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
No filter, F2.3, 5.5 mm marco, full auto under water. Olympus TG-4 crappy points and shoot.
56BFD540-991E-428A-94AA-C0F102464D5F.jpeg

You made me think of my old Olympus tough, got it to take to Belize on our honeymoon... lol. It’s charging now

Nice pics!!

Those small under water Olympus cameras were great. I used to do surf photography professionally, it wasn’t very lucrative but the trips were great. Once those Cameras came out the game changed. I sold my housing and went into food photography. Those cameras had pretty good quality and were fully auto!

I am looking at the new TG-6, not sure if it is worth buying. It seems it has a lower resolution than the tg-4. Not much difference

I don’t know the camera, but resolution isn’t everything anymore. The algorithm that processes the file, speed of capture write, lens quality and auto focus all play a role. I think you if you are happy with what you have you should keep it. The newer models don’t usually change that much, they are just trying to get you to up grade. When I first started shooting film pros invested in a really good film camera and lenses and had that for their whole career, I’ve had to upgrade 8 or 9 times but we are at the point where technology has leveled out a bit. The resolution most of these cameras have exceeded what the human eye can see.

That is the Breeding Avenger under day light ATI t5 without photoshop, nor gel filter. It is grown from a tiny little bitty literally a hand full of polyps from many years ago.
The original frag was gifted to me from a reputable commercial vendor as a return of favor. Over the years, I fragged it into three copies, this is one of them.

Last edited:
Back to photography, I wish there was a water proof camera with f1.4 wide angle lens.

2BEDDFB3-9591-4E28-AAD7-D0A8A1C45538.jpeg

iPhone at F1.8, DOF does not exist. Sad!

Last edited:
Nice shots Panasonic Lumix has a 1.4 or a 1.8 I believe and bh photo usually has a reasonable waterproof housing, something like this would work for in your tank, don’t think I’d take on a dive trip.

The image quality of the Panasonic is really nice.

Thank you very much. That water proof case looks very promising.

Back