Acrylic scraps

NateHanson

Non-member
If I can get off my butt this week I might build a kalk reactor to donate to the auction, but I need some 3/8" acrylic. I think I have enough 6" tube left over, but if I'm remembering that wrong, then I'll need that too.

Do both J Freeman and Altec plastic in Boston have scrap bins? Is one place better than the other with regards to scrap bin stockage and scrap prices?

Does anyone have 15" of acrylic tube left over from something that they wouldn't mind donating for this auction project (in case I don't actually have that in the basement somewhere)? For that matter, does anyone have any 8"x8" scraps of 3/8" or thicker acrylic to donate? It'll make you feel good. :)

(I guess this started as a question about acrylic stores, and ended up as unabashed begging. So be it.)

Thanks, Nate

Nate -- I really love altec, if that can saw you one way or the other. They had a bunch of thick pieces in their scrap bin...and you can't beat 1 buck a lb

ooh. a buck a pound. I like that. Altec is in Southie? (I guess I can check my handy Sticky in this forum - at least someone will be using it then :D)

Back