Adult Panther Grouper

Curren007K

Non-member
Krystal Clear has a donated almost full grown Panther Grouper and they're really looking to give it a home.
Priced at $90, one of the employees mentioned they'd really take any offer.

I have a 180G mixed reef, three tangs, adult clown, hawkfish, chromis, coral beauty, ruby wrasse, 30" zebra eel, coral banded shrimp, various crabs and snails.

I'm thinking if I were to get this guy, being a messy eater, he might wreak havoc on my water quality and my coral would suffer the consiquences. I have a pretty diseal protein skimmer, but with the eel already does a number. Also I'm wondering if he would devour my samller fish and coral banded shrimp, I love that guy and his wiskers. I'm also thinking the 180 might actually be too small, recommened minimum tank size is 150 but this guy is massive.

Any one have any thoughts/experience on compatibilty or with water quality/tank size for this guy?
Or anyone have a big enough tank to give this guy an awesome home?

ifCoYyu.jpg

By the way I already named him Hans Grouper...

doIUZdM.gif

Last edited:
He's a predator. My guess is if he thinks he can eat it he'll give it the old college try.

CXQ78Ux.gif

My thoughts as well, I'm also thinking this guy would be better off in something like a 300G agressive tank.

Hopefully someone on here can give Hans Grouper a good home, the fish store said they'd take $20 for him.

Grouper belongs in a large predator tank or the public aquarium.
There's probably 1% of us who has the right tank and environment for this fish. I think if you take this fish home and put it in your tank, there will eventually be the eel that is left.

Grouper belongs in a large predator tank or the public aquarium.
There's probably 1% of us who has the right tank and environment for this fish. I think if you take this fish home and put it in your tank, there will eventually be the eel that is left.

Anybody got one of these in their basements? :D
jj6NhDd.gif

Yeah Right,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back