Advice for running a Wp60

toddhgr

Non-member
As the title suggests, I'm looking for advise on how best to run my WP60 on my 265. Initially I was really pumped (pun intended) to see the flow. But after about 24hrs of it running my corals seem to be pretty stressed. This is my first powerhead ever so I need any and all advise. Up until now my past tanks have been small enough with a powerful enough return pump that I didn't need to run a powerhead.

With a 265 you may need 2 of those DO NOT aim it directly at corals aim it at a shallow angle to surface or bounce it off glass

I only use two at a time on my 427gal and I have them on the lowest setting. I have them set up to create a gyre that goes clockwise for 2 hours and then reverse. They are really strong.

Depending on how you have things set up, I like to have mine pulse to set up a standing wave in the tank. This kind of makes everything rock back and forth. However, this can reek havoc on your overflow. I have mine (2x WP40s) run through my reef angel though so I can have it do several different things throughout the day/night.

Back