Advice on buying a Redsea peninsula system in Boston area?

Mayday2

BRS Member
Wheee would be the best place to order and have some nice discount. The retail price is really high .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Reasea tanks are MAP price? All authorized dealers have to sell at the same price.

Talk to Jay from Jay's Aquatics. I spoke with him a few months ago and he will give a discount of something like 10% (and no sales tax), the catch is that the system will be delivered to his shop in Salem NH and you have to got with a truck and pick it up.

Other than that Dong is right and these systems only seem to go on sale for a week around Xmas (on BulkReefSupply they were discounted 7% for a few days this last Xmas).

Getting a deal on a new system is harder than you might think, but plenty of deals to be had on used systems.

Thanks Dong and jean, I would be jump in immediately if there is an used peninsula tank. I have not seen one on the forum and was particularly interested in such a system .

If you haven't been to European Aquatics in Malden yet, it's worth a trip. The big display tank there is a Red Sea Peninsula 650 (the bigger model). Nice opportunity to check it out in person. Marty, the owner, can give you the low down and might offer to order you one at a discount - it will probably help if you order some additional equipment, rock, etc.. through him so he makes some money that way.

For what it's worth I thought hard about getting one of those peninsula tanks. I ultimately found a GREAT deal on a Reefer 450 on Craigslist so I went in that direction.

Just fyi, Marty has a 525XL Red Sea and a Waterbox rimless... Mkght be worth checking out :)

Was just there this afternoon

If you haven't been to European Aquatics in Malden yet, it's worth a trip. The big display tank there is a Red Sea Peninsula 650 (the bigger model). Nice opportunity to check it out in person. Marty, the owner, can give you the low down and might offer to order you one at a discount - it will probably help if you order some additional equipment, rock, etc.. through him so he makes some money that way.

For what it's worth I thought hard about getting one of those peninsula tanks. I ultimately found a GREAT deal on a Reefer 450 on Craigslist so I went in that direction.
Hello @JeanR, Marty even offered me to order my tank and deliver to me, which because a miscommunication I ordered direct from Waterbox..here it's my tips based on my research, no store make different price as Dong said..unless this guy Jay in NH do, however, man carry that in a regular truck, I don't think would be possible..my tank which I loved, peninsula 7226 Plus has 230 gallons all together. Everything about this tank is perfect but IS FREAKING HEAVY..I paid 4 guys just to move 15 feet from my curb to my leaving room and we almost dropped, plus I bought 4 this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0798C957J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which helped a lot and did hold the glass. I put together the cabinet and plumbing which I even made a video DYS and will give to Waterbox. Another thing, they will deliver both companies, to your the curb or a good access driveway. I myself preferred the waterbox and I paid $5,800.00 with the lights and water pump COR 200. If you need any help in put together the cabinet or plumbing when you choose yours. I willing to help you at not charge, just for fun. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else. My tank is on pic attached

Attachments

• IMG_2860.JPG
    IMG_2860.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_2865.JPG
    IMG_2865.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 192
Back