Aiptasia battle

MarkSzy

BRS Member
I have a CBB doing its job on all the smaller Aiptasia in my tank but isn’t yet picking at the larger ones. My thought is to use something like Aiptasia X to help knock down some of the larger ones.

I wanted to see if anyone has done something similar and if you have had any luck?

Or do I just let the CBB keeping doing what it is doing and take care of it naturally.

Berghia were my saving grace. They avoid the bigger anemones as well, but once I hit them with a dose of aiptasia-x the berghia came running like I rang a dinner bell. Never tried with CBB, but maybe it would work in the same fashion.

Berghia were my saving grace. They avoid the bigger anemones as well, but once I hit them with a dose of aiptasia-x the berghia came running like I rang a dinner bell. Never tried with CBB, but maybe it would work in the same fashion.
Thanks Spence, I was thinking even if it knocks the bigger ones down I’d have more of a chance with the CBB.

I had some in my tank a long time ago. I added a Klein butterfly and I think I also had some peppermint shrimp in there. Took care of everything except my overflow which was loaded with them

My wrasse eats any shrimp I put in the tank so they are not an option. I tired catching the wrasse many time but I have had no luck. My CBB is working on them but going after the large ones yet. Maybe in time.

Back