AIPTASIA ROCK quick cure??

ERIC

Non-member
my prized collection of AIPTASIA trucks on as usual!
WONDERING how to "clean" a rock of Aiptasia (once removed from tank) as easily as possible.
Have a (covered!) aip. rock soaking in a bucket of hot tap water.
-will this work?
-anyone know a good method thats relatively easy(that wont ruin the rock)?

Take the rock out and place it on the ground and then pee on it. It will sterilize the rock and kill the aiptasia.. then just rinse it and place it back in your tank. Of course I've yet to try this, but in theory it should work :p ... I think

Take the rock out and place it on the ground and then pee on it. It will sterilize the rock and kill the aiptasia.. then just rinse it and place it back in your tank. Of course I've yet to try this, but in theory it should work :p ... I think

LMAO!!!

I heard a neat trick once, QuestionMarc (he's on here, from NYC) tried it, dip the rock in a cloudy bath of saltwater kalk, they all drop off in shock.

M.

I could see the reasoning in that. Or, pour some gas on it, light it, let the gas burn off, rinse, and viola!

I heard a neat trick once, QuestionMarc (he's on here, from NYC) tried it, dip the rock in a cloudy bath of saltwater kalk, they all drop off in shock.
M.

NO WAY... where's that little tidbit been hiding. I have one (OK, maybe 2 :rolleyes:) rocks that I just can't seem to beat the little suckers. Just when you think it's clean, another pops up. I'm gonna have to try this one. Thanks. :D

Back