Aiptasia

CoralJunkie

John
BRS Member
I’m dealing with a killer aiptasia outbreak, I’ve been using aiptasia x and siphoning while doing weekly water changes but it seems for every one I kill 5 come back. Does anyone have a better method? Thank you.

I was trying to avoid peppermint shrimp because in the past they mostly stole food from corals and anemones, but I was able to make a trap and extract it when they were gone… does anyone know any of our lfs that have any in stock?

If you don’t have nocturnal predators (peppermint ship), then absolutely berghia nudis. Peppermint shrimp are hit or miss, and any fish won’t eat what it can’t see or reach. I had a very bad infestation two years ago, and it took a while but they got rid of every aiptasia in my system over a 6 month period. They also made enough babies maturing and sold off to easily break even on the cost of ordering them in. Highly recommended method if your current stock list will allow them. If I ever end up with an infestation again, I’m going berghias.

If you don’t have nocturnal predators (peppermint ship), then absolutely berghia nudis. Peppermint shrimp are hit or miss, and any fish won’t eat what it can’t see or reach. I had a very bad infestation two years ago, and it took a while but they got rid of every aiptasia in my system over a 6 month period. They also made enough babies maturing and sold off to easily break even on the cost of ordering them in. Highly recommended method if your current stock list will allow them. If I ever end up with an infestation again, I’m going berghias.
Who has berghias locally? Thank you

Also heard that Australian Stripey fish devour aptasia. Anyone able to confirm?
I can confirm this mine has eaten almost all of it, and there was plenty in the last 4 days. Took it about 10 days in the tank to start but did a hell of a job.

I know somebody in Connecticut who's looking to trade some berghias for aptasiarock
Bergia nudibranchs work great. We put a 10 gal tank beside our 75 gallon years ago and would rotate rocks as they did their job. They did a great multiplying too! They are very good hiders and it is a slow slow process but it was fun to find them as we switched the rocks around. Long process

Back