Albino Serpent sea star????

x22hockey

MAJOR REEF HEAD
BRS Member
Hey is it possible to have a serpent sea star or do they change colors on the tanks surroundings??? hes small but i found him in a coral that i had recieved from someone as a freebie. Can anyone help me out with the idea of having one. Is this possible

Little tiny serpant stars are quite common, they will reproduce in the tank and often grow into considerable popluations. Coloration can vary, but I've seen plenty that look mostly white. I'd guess this is what you have?

i have plenty of serpents through corals im just wondering why i would have a white one when there wasnt any in there to begin with

Do you mean you already have lots of "tiny serpant stars", but this one looks albino?

The colorations vary, mine have black/brown stripes. Some are all very light grey. I'd think that finding a true albino would be a "one in a million" thing, but then again, you never know, maybe you got that "one"?

i have red and balck ones all over my tank, but i have not seen ones that u can buy that are white, and most serpents ive seen are two colors ive rarley seen one that is not. This one is all White so i figured it to be albino. But now i am unsure and that is why i am asking, and sorry cant get a pic guys poor quality camera

If it's a true albino, it may well be a rare oddity (and one that may well breed a whole bunch of offspring that could even be worth something??)).

That said, I bet it's just a very light colored one.

BTW, red ones, that's cool. I've only seen shades of white, grey and black with black and grey banded being most common. Want to trade a few red ones for something?

Back