Gone serpent star

acoustic-reef

Non-member
recently aquired a batch of livestock that included a full grown 12" green serpent star.
the wife considers it a sea monster and I am now accepting offers to move him out! He's easy to care for, peaceful and reef friendly. Also, a voracious carnivore that will clean up the scraps off your aquarium floor. Mostly nocturnal but apparently will learn to come out during the day to eat (and freak out your wife!).
$45

1650049436146.png
ex. web photo

Last edited:
Very nice. They are awesome i have a blue one and he's a beast for uneaten food for sure. BUMP for legit reefer. Mine looks like below. Hard to get a good pic of him. Looking for 2 red ones but hard to find.
1650055751374.png

Last edited:
Very nice. They are awesome i have a blue one and he's a beast for uneaten food for sure. BUMP for legit reefer. Mine looks like below. Hard to get a good pic of him. Looking for 2 red ones but hard to find. View attachment 175873
from SaltWaterAquarium blog - yikes!

And if you want to protect your FISH, you’ll want to skip purchasing the red serpent starfish (Ophioderma squamosissiumus). They bring a pop of crimson to your reef tank, but they also reach impressive sizes. And they LOVE diets of fish and crustaceans. In no time, you’ll find the population in your tank dwindling to…well, not much. If you want to keep this serpent star around, you need to make sure the fish you stock are large enough (or fast enough) to escape.

from SaltWaterAquarium blog - yikes!

And if you want to protect your FISH, you’ll want to skip purchasing the red serpent starfish (Ophioderma squamosissiumus). They bring a pop of crimson to your reef tank, but they also reach impressive sizes. And they LOVE diets of fish and crustaceans. In no time, you’ll find the population in your tank dwindling to…well, not much. If you want to keep this serpent star around, you need to make sure the fish you stock are large enough (or fast enough) to escape.
Good thing to know. I guess Linkia would be a better option. Lol
Thank you for the feedback chief.

Back