Amazing service and products at CRA- seekonk, ma

agent6473

Non-member
I headed down to CRA for the first time today. It was a little hard to find so I ended up getting there right at 7pm when it closes (it's an hour or so away from me). Luckily, the shop was still open when I got there, this was great because doors have been shut on me before at another shop when I just needed some bloodworms. I was in search of one of their store brand calcium reactors. Jeremy put together the reactor for me, put in better sponges than what originally came with it, and supplied me with all of the tubing and the fitting I would need to get it all hooked up and running for no extra charge. He also explained how to hook it up, maintenance, and how to dial it in. I was very impressed with this level of service, despite the fact that the store was closed. He spent about 30 minutes past store closing with me to get the calcium reactor together and explained.

I also had a chance to quickly check out the livestock which I was also impressed with. He had some fish in stock that I don't usually see, and I'll definitely be going back to pick up some livestock.

When I got home, the reactor was pretty much plug and play. The quality of the construction is amazing compared to some of the other reactors I've seen for more money. The footprint is not unnecassarily large and all of the connections are very sturdy. Great product at a great price!

Overall, it was well worth the hour drive to CRA and I plan on doing it again in the near future!

Jeremy is a great guy and has lots of patience. He has often refused to sell me livestock that he has just got in to ensure I dont take home dying fish.

He is definately in the aquarium trade for the long haul and not to make a quick buck.
M.

Yep, very true. I had to go back to the store today because the pump on the calcium reactor was having some problems. Jeremy replaced it and fixed it up. Working perfectly now. Today I had more time to check out the SPS frags he had. I ended up getting one and there were definitely a few more that were tempting. Prices on them were very good too, especially after the coral bucks and BRS discount. The fact that you can combine the two and get more coral bucks on top of that is great! I wish this store was closer to my house.

Thanks again.

Great place I agree. I've been eyeing those reactors for a while. For the price, you could add a second chamber for what you'd pay for a single anywhere else, even online.

I'd definitely recommend one. It's nice that it comes with the pump and all the tubing you'll need. As plug and play as reactors come. Good quality construction and very well designed. I've been talking about getting one for a long time now, and it's very nice to finally have it set up. I'd say go for it, can't beat the price!

Hmm I think I'll be taking a ride down this weekend...
Thanks for the review...otherwise I prolly wouldn't have thought it to be worth the ride.

I also bought a CRA brand calcium reactor yesterday. He put everything (tubing, and pumps) together for me and expained everything.

I thought that was far and beyond most places , until I left my media on the counter when I left. They knew I was going to get a CO2 tank down the road. They actually called AirGas, to tell me I forgot my media.

That to me was amazing. I do not think anybody else would have done that.

Thanks to Jeremy and Ruth, I did not have to make an extra trip up to Seekonk. 195 is a pain.

Oh yeah, the reactor was setup and dialed in, in less than 20 minutes, thanks to the help Jeremy gave me.

Last edited:
Back