AMK 125 build

A_M_K

Non-member
Hello,

I have just started getting my build together with help of some work friends. I will be doing a 125 gallon tank. I have just started the stand in hopes of getting that completed this week.
20220318_143039.jpg
20220318_171303.jpg
20220319_113148.jpg

I was looking to see if someone can help me with lighting and settings. I have 4 Hydra 26s over the 6 foot long tank. I was wondering if anyone has something similar or do I need to purchase a par meter. Thank you in advance, I will try and get better photo later tonight. I also have top glass if that changes things as well.

Thank you, Its a Geforce RTX2080 super, with AMD Ryzen 75800x, 60gb ram, 4TB of M.2. Trying to get a Geforce 4090/4080 when i can find one.
From what I've read, the 40 series isn't worth the cost versus the 30 series. I'm still rocking a i7-6700k, 32gb DDDR4 gskill RAM, and a GTX 1070ti.

From what I've read, the 40 series isn't worth the cost versus the 30 series. I'm still rocking a i7-6700k, 32gb DDDR4 gskill RAM, and a GTX 1070ti.
niceee, what do you play. I kinda just go with the perspective that i will wait 2 gens before upgrading to make it worth it. the 3080 isnt that much more then my current, but to stay updated with hardware and such im just gona build a new rig in like April.

niceee, what do you play. I kinda just go with the perspective that i will wait 2 gens before upgrading to make it worth it. the 3080 isnt that much more then my current, but to stay updated with hardware and such im just gona build a new rig in like April.
Not much of anything these days, been a playstion console guy for years as that's what the majority of friends use. Someday, I'll get back to the roots.

Looking for some help / guidance on the direction of my tank. I currently have a FX6 running and a hang on the back skimmer down to a 29gallon long with three sections. It just feels like the tank sump takes up one whole side and isnt being used correctly. then the other side is half taken up by the FX6.
My main question is would should i just get a bigger sump with more sections to properly use the space or am i over thinking it? as well as should a get a bigger sump and ditch the FX6 (if the hang off the back skimmer works for turn over)

Back