Anemone Experiment

chadfish

BRS Member
A couple of weeks ago, both my anemones balled up in caves and didn't come out. Recently, one peeked out and started moving around for the best light. The other one stayed balled up.

In an effort to encourage the second anemone to open up and get some light, I am shining a common LED flashlight into his cave. The hypothesis is that the anemone will respond to the light by opening up. Once it is open and in a place to start receiving light from the overheads, I'll shut the flashlight off and see if it stays open or goes back into the cave.

Anyone else have experience with this sort of thing?

I have one that's been under a rock for a couple of weeks now, probably from me moving his Rock a bit while tending to the lawn. I just flipped his rock over this morning it is puffing out. I think he was just having a fit and didn't want to come out of his room until I apologized.

After 2 hours, he's opened up halfway, but has taken several steps back into the cave.

I have one that's been under a rock for a couple of weeks now, probably from me moving his Rock a bit while tending to the lawn. I just flipped his rock over this morning it is puffing out. I think he was just having a fit and didn't want to come out of his room until I apologized.
I wish I could get him out of there. He's under the base rock.

He's definitely throwing a fit. This is pissing off my clowns.

Back