anemone id

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
ok so the back story is a buddy was given a couple anemones and was told they were the $300 dollar ones. he told me they were rose btas, his tank ran into some issues and the anemones were not doing well so he gave one to me just in case. when I got it I said it looks like a rainbow but now that is coloring up and I see it next to my rainbow I can clearly see the difference. the base is more of a black/purple color and it is more of a bright red (much better looking in person then the pic) you can see the rainbow above it has a green base and is more orange.

anyone familiar with this anemone? my last tank was so long ago there were only green bta or Rose bta and I could tell them apart lol

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191101_194420.jpg
    MVIMG_20191101_194420.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 170
now I did look up pictures of both of those and the colors look the same but if you look at the pic the tips of the tentacles are colored like the rainbow anemone above it and the Sherman and BW don't seem to have colored tips

Give it a week or two since they’re coming from being stressed but if not you just found a new nem ;)

Reactions: Ray
Back