Anemone Won't Settle Down

Rone

Non-member
Got a rbta and seems he won't settle in. Been hiding under rocks and just when I think he coming out he moves to a different spot hiding again. I have tried different flow what not with no luck. I'm running a T5 with 2 420 and one pink and a 12000 k. He was also doing the same thing in my old tank with just LED lighting.
Water Parm are. SG 1.024 Alk 11 Na 0 Ni 0 Am 0 Phos 0.25 Cal 420 Mag 1460 PH 8.2 Temp 78.6
I am running carbon 24/7
Any help here?

Last edited:
Nems don't like a ton of flow , and depending on the nem how much light . Mine roamed for about 2 months before he settled in be patient and keep an eye on those powerheads lol

^^ this. My rose took awhile to finally decide his spot. Then after a month in the same spot he moved again. He has been good for awhile now. They can be a pain sometimes.

mine split and I moved one of them to a smaller tank. it hid until it died (from lack of light I guess). all the other ones moved if relocated but did not hide for long. watch it, if you can't see it exposed to any light than trouble is coming your way, ....

Our BTA didn't bubble up much and moved often until we upgraded our lighting. I originally bought terrible Marineland LEDs that had crappy spectrum and not much output. Once I put a Kessil A350 over the anemone it opened up to double the size with big bubbles on the tips. Once we had enough light, the anemone never moved again.

Changing your flow can definitely upset them - they want moderate flow, too much or too little and they will move until they're happy again.

Our Rainbow BTA has been in the same location for almost a year, though has moved around a bit as I've begun breaking our tank down (selling off coral and live rocks has changed the aquascape a bit and changed flow slightly).

BTAs like to have their foot protected so if you can place it in a crevice near the spot that you like, let it settle in, then try and give it moderate flow.

Back