Angel nipping at corals?

tmorsey

Bruschi
Since I add my new Elibi Angel my brain and trumpet corals seem to stay closed up. Do angels nip at these type of corals? If so - silly question coming. How do I stop him from doing that? Will moving them to higher rocks, closer to the top help?

What type of corals do the normally like to nibble on and which ones are safe? LPS SPS.....

Thanks for the help.

Dwarf Angels are a hit and miss. Sometimes they nip, sometimes they don't. If they nip, it's not a huge problem in a large tank with different corals for them to occassionaly nip on so long as they are not doing it constantly. They are not feeding as far as I know, just looking for algae to eat. You may need to get rid of the corals, or the fish.. there's no known way to make them stop.

it's a tuff choice .. you can try to move things around and see if he starts up again..

You can try to increase feedings. Sometimes this will decrease the nipping.
So farI have been lucky. I have a flame angel and goldflake angel...and no nipping!

Elibi Angels are more notorious than most other dwarf angels for coral nipping. That was a very risky species to try,

Matt:cool:

My Coral Beauty eats anything I feed him, I've been very lucky with him because he hasn't touched any of my corals.

My flame nip on all my sps :( but for over a month now, all corals show no ill effect, just less polyping during the day.
The flams is too pretty for me to take it out.....

I own a coral beauty, a flame, and two goldens that have been good boys. I also have a Navarcus that has been pretty good. The C. argi (pygme angels) are also pretty safe bets, but they tend to jump.

Greg Hiller said:
I own a coral beauty, a flame, and two goldens that have been good boys.

Are they all in the same tank?

I got a coral beauty three days ago (can't resist any longer). It has very bright color and there is a flourecene edge around its fins. I do not see it eat any thing I offer but keep chasing something I cant see. It poops often but I can't see it eat. So far it leaves my corals alone. The funny thing is he and the four damsels are getting alone fine.

>Are they all in the same tank?<

No, all in separate tanks. I've had a gold flakes get a long with a Navachus though.

Back