another micro bubble ?

willray

Division Champs
I have a quiteone 3 pump mounted externally (no sump) connected to squid on my second squid allready.Anyway i have 2 hose clamps at ea. fiitting so I'm 99.44% sure no air is sucking in.
My question! Why am I am getiing micro bubbles out of these returns?
It's really starting to bother me... a lot :confused:

Cavitation? If you have the intake of the pump restricted in any way, air bubbles may form around the impeller due to cavitation... what size pipe are you using?

Nuno

If it's on the pressure side, output, then I would think it would be leaking or at least a drip or to. Check for leaks on the susction side of the pump.

Is the pick-up for the pump close or in the area of your skimmer return? Try turning all other pumps (skimmer, reactor, power heads, every pump) off and see if it goes away.

Squid's not cracked if it were it would squirt water but not draw air.cavitation,hmm!I suppose some of the 150-+(handrilled) holes could be plugging up causing a restriction.intake piping is 1" id output 3/4"id.And yes the intake is near the skimmer return.Doogh!Tank is a year old now.And thought maybe slim and bacteria in the tubing could be/have been causing it?
Skimmer is Aquac ramora pro and never really kicked in until my tank crashed and has been going strong since.

So now I notice with the aid of flashlight that my skimmer is returning bubbles back into the tank is there any way to control this?

a leak on the pressure side can still suck air by creating a venturi effect. So the scwd could possibly be cracked. Try capping or plugging the outlets, then run the pump. Then you should get pressure, but no water flow to create a low-pressure, so any leaks should theoretically leak, not suck air. And you might find them that way if they're on the pressure side.

Nate

I will try that this weekend Nate.The manufacturer insists they cannot leak.But will replace it if I want.

The bubbles are noticeably less in the early am.

Is there a way to control return bubbles from skimmer? I think the intake on my pump might be pulling them in.

The Aqua C remora has a preskimmer box and bubble trap that they sell to help stop the bubbles from getting back into the tank...only catch is they use a sponge that will need to be rinsed out regularly or it will produce nitrates.

If you're noticing a differnce in bubble production from one time of day to another, I'd suspect it's not a leak or cavitation. I don't think any of that would change over the course of the day. Your skimmer on the other hand might bubble more when you feed, or when the fish and corals are more active? I'd look into that.

Back